Mr. Miller Builds His Dream House

The battle of the thermostat begins anew! Then Larry recites “She Walks In Beauty” by Lord Byron and we hear about a great old movie, “Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House” on The Magic Movie Moment.

Quote Of The Week: “She’s sometimes very fond of me.”

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

8 Responses to “Mr. Miller Builds His Dream House”

1. Jon Tollefson
    2013/12/11 at 5:50 am #

Thanks for the mention on today’s show, it made my day!
    Love the show!

2. Cyndy Russell
    2013/12/12 at 9:41 am #

Hey pal(s), I loved being the girl tenor today! Thanks so much and I watched Mr Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse as well. It’s really just a sweet movie.

Some other classics – Now Voyager and Rebecca.

3. Paul
    2013/12/15 at 5:00 am #

It’s funny how 64 degrees in the fall is chilly but in the spring it’s t-shirt weather.

4. James
    2014/01/07 at 8:46 am #

Great podcast. By coincidence I had just watched this movie on TCM. Myrna Loy is also one of my favorites. Really enjoy her work in the Thin Man movies. Keep up the great shows.

5. Long Don Johnson
    2014/04/07 at 4:23 pm #

Larry Miller, your show is either too short or you need more frequent updates. It’s just too good, and it’s always over too soon.

6. Mike
    2014/11/03 at 7:05 am #

Dear larry, like any man you proposed a logical solution for ac to your wife. Get a window unit! Why freeze the entire house? But further as an engineer I say why push air through long hot ducts in the attic! Someday turn on the fan and turn off the ac on a hot day and watch what happens. Air hot enough to melt wax comes out.

Fellow cheapskates, anything centralized is dumb and inefficient! But, we do it because women don’t appreciate mechanical things in there sight whirring happily as much as we do, especially when they save us money!

7. Mike
    2014/11/03 at 7:07 am #

Ps I can spell. It’s their not there.

8. Mike
    2014/11/03 at 7:25 am #

Pps central vacuum cleaners are even dumber!