A Tribute To Dennis Farina

Larry bids a fond farewell to Dennis Farina, an actor he admired and had a chance to work with. Larry recounts a previously told story about taking a sip from Dennis’ coffee cup on the set of a movie. Then Larry gives us a sample of a little western ditty they sang together. On poetry corner, Larry recites “The Tiger” by William Blake.

Quote Of The Week: “It was meek. It was undervalued.”

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

7 Responses to “A Tribute To Dennis Farina”

1. Lloyd Woodall
    2013/07/24 at 6:42 am #

Larry, Colonel Jeff, Dr. Chris,

Gentlemen, you give me reason to smile every Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday because I anticipate the wonderful words, humor, and stories I’ll hear on Wednesday. Wednesday, well, obviously because Wednesday provides the payoff! It’s always a good show, and very often it’s a great show. I have and will continue to tell friends about it.

Thank you for the stories. I look forward to many, many more.
    Lloyd

2. Tony
    2013/07/24 at 8:20 am #

Great podcast – and great stories – as usual, Larry. Loved that tribute/song to Dennis Farina. Insightful, touching and thoughtful.

3. Nick
    2013/07/24 at 9:56 am #

Wednesday is the best day. Thanks for the great stories and great outlook on life Larry, you really do inspire me to take more joy in the simple pleasures of life.

cheers

4. matt
    2013/07/24 at 9:10 pm #

My favorite pod yet from Larry. beautiful tribute, great anecdotal tale, just a great episode

5. jim
    2013/07/25 at 6:39 am #

Great job as always, gentlemen, and who knew Larry had such a fine singing voice? I was humming right along with that Rio Bravo tune and until today I thought I was the only one who actually knew that song by heart. Speaking of which, I think I should start carrying my harmonica around with me at all times, for those slow moments in traffic or in line at the grocery store. People used to sing in public more, didn’t they? Or maybe that’s just where I grew up.

6. J Findlay
    2013/07/29 at 7:39 pm #

Really enjoy your show – after listening to the podcast a few weeks ago I watched “The Rifleman” for the first time. Amazing. Your tribute to Mr Farina was moving. I teared up while listing to the song. Love Rio Bravo.

7. reidh
    2013/09/15 at 2:24 am #

Good on you Larry. It is easy to comment on your podcast site. I always like to see you doing character bits in movies. it insures that the whole production will have a sense of humor. I made up a term, you can use if you wish, it is “to have a Zens of humor.” The Buddha ha laughs, ha ha.