Sidetracked By Burt Lancaster

Larry gets so distracted by Burt Lancaster that he forgets to do The Poetry Corner. (Don’t worry, the show still winds up going 17 minutes longer than it’s supposed to.) We hear lots about Leslie Nielsen and Forbidden Planet. Plus, we get a triple shot of Joke Of The Week courtesy of classic comedian Myron Cohen!

Quote of the week: “Audition, eh?”

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

6 Responses to “Sidetracked By Burt Lancaster”

1. Hugh
    2013/04/18 at 3:07 am #

Great show, and great stories Larry.

I hope to have that kind of encounter with you one day. I’ll probably say “I loved you in Boston Legal!”

2. DubipR
    2013/04/18 at 9:04 am #

Great episode Larry.
    You’re encounter with Burt Lancaster was not that far off from when I met Clint Eastwood. This was when I was working for Whole Foods in Brentwood and there he pops in. I’ve seen my share of celebrities working for the company but that was 1 of 2 times I was totally starstruck. I asked Mr. Eastwood if he needed some help finding some products, he said ‘no thank you’ and I replied something to the effect of ‘You’re my childhood, Mr Eastwood” He asked how. I said any boy growing up in the 70s either wanted to a cowboy like Blondie or Dirty Harry. He smiled and said I’m glad I had that effect on my youth.

Larry Miller…the 21st Century Garrison Keillor, but with the funny actually there.

3. Norm Jones
    2013/04/19 at 6:10 am #

The score was 4-2. If they walk Casey, they put the winning run on base. Not a good baseball move in general. Besides, the pitcher handled him pretty well

4. john Jesus obtuseton
    2013/04/24 at 9:44 pm #

I’m curious why Larry hasn’t been back on Ace’s show since his return. He and Adam and Alison are great together.

2013/04/29 at 7:28 pm #

A far-reaching and inexplicably complicated conspiracy is my guess. — Col. Jeff

5. Scott
    2013/05/04 at 9:53 am #

Yea – I need some hypothetical road trip!