Larry At The Bat

Larry At The Bat

Larry does not suffer April fools lightly. He looks up the origin of April Fools Day and the information doesn’t make him like it any better. In honor of the start of baseball season, we hear a classic baseball poem and talk about the movie “The Pride of the Yankees.” There is no joy in Level 5 City, the mighty Larry has struck out.

Quote of the week: “He said something in old English. And then they skinned you.”

Play

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

8 Responses to “Larry At The Bat”

1. Angus F.
    2013/04/03 at 4:15 am #

Fred I always love your podcasts. Keep it up! (P.S. I have been reading a lot of James Thurber short stories lately. They always work better and are much funnier when I mentally cast you in the the lead role as I read. I am sure this information can be of no practical use, but let me assure you it’s some of your best work.) yours, Angus.

2. Howard
    2013/04/03 at 12:36 pm #

Excellent read on the Poetry Corner today, Larry.

3. Howard
    2013/04/03 at 1:06 pm #

Larry, Ruth batted third (it’s why he wore #3) and Gehrig batted 4th (he wore #4). And ALS stands for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. There’s a walk-a-thon to combat it in Westbury every September.

4. WebPixie
    2013/04/05 at 3:45 pm #

Just an FYI Lou Gehrig’s disease can be “cured” if the person can get a successful bone marrow transplant. So EVERYONE should sign up to be a bone marrow donor! http://www.GetSwabbed.org

• Grant Young
      2013/04/29 at 3:29 pm #

So why doesn’t Stephen Hawking take the cure?

5. Bill
    2013/04/08 at 7:57 am #

I am loving the poetry corner, Larry. Great to have you back!

6. Weak
    2013/04/11 at 10:30 am #

Two outs and first base open, why didn’t the opponents just walk the mighty Casey and deal with whoever was next?

7. Paul
    2013/07/28 at 2:45 pm #

I heard a stat that a roadrunner runs at 12 MPH and a coyote can run at 35 MPH……Thanks Larry!