Larry vs. Presidents Day

Larry struggles to get excited about Presidents Day and lobbies for a better holiday, like Sean Connery Day or better yet, Bond Girls Day. Now, there’s a holiday worth closing a bank over. Plus a bonus poem in this week’s “Poetry Corner.”

Quote of the week: “A good boy always carries a clean hankie.”

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

7 Responses to “Larry vs. Presidents Day”

1. DubipR
    2013/02/20 at 2:47 pm #

Another great episode by Larry, the modern day Garrison Keillor with actual humor!
    I’d happily support Bond Girl Day.

2. Kevin Lauderdale
    2013/02/20 at 7:29 pm #

The lady at the end of “The Alamo” is Joan O’Brien. You may remember her statuesque build from “Operation Petticoat” as well.

3. Randy O'Dell
    2013/02/21 at 11:00 am #

I agree with Larry. Bond Girls Holiday. Lets all vote for Larry for president. He will make this happen. Hold up your glass and toast Larry for President!!!

4. Larry E
    2013/02/22 at 1:28 pm #

You hit a clinker when you called Ogden Nash an Englishman, Larry. He was as Yankee as you or I, if not more so. Thus he would write stuff like this:

– – – – Spring Comes to Murray Hill – – – –
    I sit in an office at 244 Madison Avenue
    And say to myself, You have a responsible job havenue?
    Why then do you fritter away your time on this doggerel?
    . . .

And let’s not forget these words of wisdom, from a “New Year’s Day” poem of his:
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    How do I feel today? I feel as unfit as an unfiddle,
    And it is the result of a certain turbulence in the mind and an uncertain burbulence in the middle.
    What was it, anyway, that angry thing that flew at me?
    I am unused to banshees crying Boo at me.
    Your wife can’t be a banshee—
    Or can she?
    Of course, some wives become less fond
    When you’re bottled in bond. . . .

5. cacahd
    2013/02/23 at 6:08 pm #

Got Chickens?

6. Hugh
    2013/02/24 at 6:21 am #

As an Australian I never really get the impact of Presidents day.

Another great episode!

7. JohnyVile
    2013/02/28 at 1:14 pm #

Why do the ones you love hurt you the most? Still no calendar on your page my friend – http://www.larrymillerhumor.com/calendar.html
    I may have missed out on Pea soup and endless windshield time but I can’t let this happen again, HELP!!

Johny