Crime Just Isn’t Funny Anymore! — NEW!

Inspired by a Jimmy Breslin quote Larry waxes nostalgic about the “crooks” and other characters he met while his father worked as a criminal defense attorney. We also learn how to REALLY ruin a 1964 Fury III and why honest people can’t be trusted.

Quote of the week: “Let’s somebody get a hoop, hit the knee and let’s get engaged.”

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana

10 Responses to “Crime Just Isn’t Funny Anymore! — NEW!”

1. Larry E
    2013/01/23 at 7:47 am #

Larry talks about his father owning a tiny car, a Simka. That reminded me of Dave Barry, another very funny fellow, whose dad owned a Nash Metropolitan. Remember those tiny cars that looked lie clown cars?

2. The Great Snook
    2013/01/23 at 10:23 am #

I sincerely hope I’m not the only one who teared up a little bit at the end.

3. big jim
    2013/01/23 at 4:04 pm #

I was laid up in the hospital for 3 days this week and the only thing I kept thinking was that I was the luckiest guy in the world. Thanks for keeping life in perspective, Larry!

4. Good Gravy!
    2013/01/23 at 4:50 pm #

This was perhaps the best story to date. Thanks Dr. Miller.

5. Hugh
    2013/01/24 at 1:51 am #

Fantastic episode. Larry you are a legend.

6. DubipR
    2013/01/24 at 9:55 am #

A delightful story. Hearing tales like this always makes me smile; be it from my family or anyone’s. This is why Larry’s a master comedian, the delivery and regaling of his dad’s night court story…. priceless.

A great Thursday podcast treat to put a smile on my face here at work.

- R

7. Arnie
    2013/01/24 at 10:42 am #

What a great story… Thank you Larry!!!

Are you planning any upcoming live shows in So Cal?

All the best,

-A

8. LM_Fan
    2013/01/30 at 5:31 am #

This episode was so so heartwarming…I listened to this while out on a long walk break at work. Please post pics of your parents Larry. The caption should be: “They sure don’t make ‘em like this anymore.”

Excellent pod and can’t wait until you get fit to go on the road again. My other fav is “Mom, meet Hooker, Hooker meet Mom” Classic.

Kudos to Jeff and Chris L aka Chris M.:)

9. SpaceCowboy
    2013/01/30 at 3:06 pm #

I stayed late here at work so I could hear Larry’s story about his Mom and Dad. I felt like I was watching a movie – you know what I mean.

10. Blue
    2013/02/24 at 2:00 am #

I just wanted to drop a line and say that I was moved by the very bittersweet end to the show. It’s always a treat to hear Larry tell a story, no matter what it’s about.