Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

As some of you have already heard, Larry Miller — stacker of soap, our fearless (and hairless) leader, the great updater, defender of Pluto — took a spill and conked the old noggin pretty good.

Please feel free to sign this “virtual get well card” for Larry by leaving a comment below. Thanks to everyone who has already sent in kind words and well wishes. You patience and kindness really means a lot and makes all the difference in the world.

We’ll keep you updated here and on the show’s Facebook page with any news on Larry’s recovery.

Until then, nominum quid geminus!?

And thanks to our friends at bindledog.com for this get well video!

Tags: ,

2,201 Responses to “Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card”

1. Gary
    2012/07/17 at 8:18 pm #

Get well soon Larry!

• Mary Fran
      2012/07/28 at 5:45 pm #

You’re loved, Larry. Get well soon!

2. armyman
    2012/07/17 at 8:30 pm #

get well soon larry! we miss you!

3. Ray Cornwall
    2012/07/18 at 8:57 am #

Still miss you, Larry. Life’s not as much fun without your podcast. I mean, it’s still fun, but you push it over the top. Get well soon!

4. Adam Dawson
    2012/07/18 at 11:56 am #

Hey buddy! Take as much time as you need! A head injury is no joke, and I’d rather wait awhile longer for Larry at 100% than have you rush back too soon.

In the meantime, I will have one of your chilled glass, Beefeater martini’s and listen to the latest repeat.

Take care,

Adam

5. Ian Millar
    2012/07/19 at 5:43 am #

Larry, I think it is too late to wish you a speedy recovery, but all of your fans and loved ones are eager for you to be well and happy again.

From a beloved fan.

6. Chris C.
    2012/07/19 at 8:37 am #

LARRY!!!!! Get well/better/back up on your feet soon. I missed you when you came to Tampa, so you need to get better and come back.

7. speedygonzalez
    2012/07/22 at 2:40 pm #

all the best to a man who has brought us all so much joy.
    Get well soon, and the next round is on me…

thx

8. Hugh
    2012/07/22 at 8:46 pm #

Hi Larry

I’ve been reminded of many of your great stories over the past week.
    Ralphs, Ralphs, Ralphs… always goes through my mind when I pass a Ralphs.

And “Just keep pulling that ripcord” has become my mantra.

Best wishes with the continued recovery.

Hugh

9. Russell T. Nail
    2012/07/23 at 6:51 am #

Miss you Larry! Get well soon!

10. Tom Lee
    2012/07/24 at 8:40 pm #

Hey Fella,

Miss hearing new episodes but listen to the re-broadcasts even though I’ve heard them because they still bring a smile to my face. Besides, who knows what nefarious evil the Colonel and Dr have been plotting without you as a pure and shining example of what is good and right in the world (This is Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog isn’t it?).

Anyway the LMDS Army is awaiting our general’s command!

Tom L.
    HIHAPIAP (Homer is Homer, and Pluto is a planet! BTW.. Trying to come up with a handshake that won’t get me arrested)

11. Michele P
    2012/07/25 at 6:01 pm #

Miss your podcasts Larry! Get well soon!

12. Lloyd Woodall
    2012/07/25 at 10:08 pm #

I hope all is going well with your recovery. How many Star Trek marathons can one man endure? If you were married to my wife, you’d have the answer to that question.
    I’ve also been entertaining myself until your return by listening to all the podcasts in reverse order, throwing in a rebroadcast here and there for spice.
    The Maker’s Mark awaits your command to pour, good sir.
    Life is better with you (and your excellent crew) in it.
    Come back soon.

13. Keith UpstateNY
    2012/07/26 at 7:25 am #

I miss hearing your stories and terrific outlook on life. The redux will have to do, for now.

Here’s to your continued recovery.
    Cheers
    Keith

14. andrew
    2012/07/27 at 8:01 am #

I hope things are going alright and your getting back in the game soon. Keep getting better so we don’t have to listen to your producer every week tell us things are going well

Cheers,

Andrew

15. Kent
    2012/07/27 at 10:43 pm #

My son told me a joke and I’ll share it with you because laughter is the best medicine.

—————————————
    Why do girls wear makeup and perfume?

Because they’re ugly and they stink.
    —————————————

Kids… they cut right to the heart of the matter don’t they?

16. Steverino Teomson
    2012/07/30 at 4:30 am #

Hi Larry,

Keep fighting the good fight.

Steverino

17. David Cregg
    2012/07/30 at 9:44 am #

Larry, I bet you’ve been making quite a ‘fecta’ with all those little soaps you took from the hospital. Am I right? We love you, Larry. I speak for everyone when I say that we miss you. Don’t worry about us, your fans, we’ll wait until you’re well enough to come back to the airwaves (netwaves?). –Dave Cregg.

18. Mark M
    2012/07/30 at 5:18 pm #

Take care of your self enjoy you’r family. Don’t rush it We all look forward to laughing with you when you are 100%.

bottoms Up.

Mark

19. Jeff Wehenkel
    2012/08/01 at 9:19 pm #

Please come back to us Larry, it’s like a drunken barge without a captain…..

20. Howie Alford
    2012/08/03 at 5:26 pm #

Hey Larry,

These two guys walk into a bar and…ahh, crap! I forgot the punchline! See? We’re no good out here without you! ;) Hope you’re feeling better. Hope you’re feeling fine. My prayers are for you to feel better and better–back to your old chipper self. We love you, kid, so don’t rush it. Take care and we hope to see/hear you real soon.

21. O_Sulley
    2012/08/04 at 10:33 am #

Bloody Mary’s on a Saturday morning listening to some early episodes on the ole’ i-pod while doing dishes and laundry. Holding in the laughter so I don’t wake my wife. I guess it is a good thing that I missed the first 3 months of your podcast. now I’m getting all caught up. :-) Get well friend Cheers
    O’Sulley

22. Melissa
    2012/08/06 at 3:52 pm #

Get well soon, Larry! It’s nice to hear someone else who gets “particular” about sorting the laundry and making a proper cocktail.

23. Larry Sho
    2012/08/07 at 12:43 am #

Get well soon Larry… Miss the weekly funnies! We need to be reminded that Pluto IS a planet!

24. Bill McCarty
    2012/08/07 at 10:46 am #

Good to hear your voice again, Larry. I look forward to seeing you on the road soon!

All the best,

BMc

25. Jerry
    2012/08/08 at 8:21 am #

Hope all is getting better for you Larry.

26. Grant Chanin
    2012/08/08 at 10:58 pm #

Larry..your an inspiration to us all. Get well soon pal… We miss you.

27. Jonah Olivo
    2012/08/09 at 11:16 am #

My pal… boy oh boy… how hard does a guy have to hit his coconut to be out this long? You say you’re doing well.. and you sound well… but geee wizz, people are talking. Keep up the recovery.

Love,

Your fan and “Classic Cocktail” drinker

Jonah Olivo of Long Beach, Ca.

28. Seth
    2012/08/09 at 11:47 am #

Hope the recovery is going well Larry. Get well soon.

29. Chili B
    2012/08/10 at 8:57 am #

I hope you are feeling good enough to do a brand new podcast soon.
    take care.

30. Paul
    2012/08/10 at 4:59 pm #

today is august 10th and I was channel surfing and came across an episode of “My wife and kids ” and there was Larry Miller in a bowling alley in the show and it made me smile just seeing him. Get well Larry see…uhhh hear you soon

31. Chris
    2012/08/10 at 9:08 pm #

Get well Larry miss you

32. Veronica
    2012/08/11 at 11:08 am #

Larry, our fearless leader is needed! Hope you’re back to 100% soon.

33. Darren
    2012/08/12 at 8:39 am #

Happy Sunday. Thinking about you and missing your presence in the podcast realm … Your show is my favorite, and the rebroadcasts are certainly nice. Looking forward to your return to mic.

-D

34. Howard
    2012/08/12 at 9:45 am #

Miss you buddy! Looking forward to you getting things together again.

35. Andy
    2012/08/12 at 8:25 pm #

Really miss you Larry. Can’t wait to hear you’re well and able to do the show again. But, here’s the thing. Take all the time you need to get over this head injury. No fooling. Please keep us updated from time to time with your progress. Best wishes.

36. Toby
    2012/08/13 at 6:59 am #

You are missed and I hope you have a speedy (and total) recovery.

T

37. Chris Eichinger
    2012/08/13 at 12:43 pm #

I am sorry to hear of your injuries but gladdened to hear that you are on the mend. I hope to hear future episodes of the podcast but I realize that the most important thing is to have you safe and well.
    They say that the bvest things in life are worth waiting for and, they are correct. I’ll be waiting and looking forward to your return. Take good care, pal. Chris

38. Sabrina
    2012/08/14 at 2:36 pm #

Last fall I was training for a 50k trail race. I hurt my back and couldn’t run for a few weeks – but I could walk. So I downloaded a metric ton of Larry Miller podcasts, and walked for 12 miles in a local state park. Those four hours went by easily & enjoyably with Larry in my ear.

I was just at that park again on Sunday, running this time, but with no chatter in my ears, pure peaceful silence in nature. But in so many places I thought of Larry, remembering jokes and stories prompted by the spot on the trail I had first heard it. I was struck by how much I miss his sense of humor and his silliness and his thoughtfulness and plain old GOODNESS.

Come back soon, Larry. You’re very much missed.

39. Jeff
    2012/08/15 at 6:10 am #

This is getting ridiculous. You could’ve grown a new head by now. Sorry, I’m being selfish. I hope you get well soon.

40. Charley Miller
    2012/08/15 at 8:25 am #

My name is Charley Miller (no relation) – (at least I think there is no relation)
    I’ve been a fan of yours since I first saw you on a Comedy Central clip show years ago.
    I was saddened to hear about your fall and I’m glad that you’re doing better.
    Love your Podcast and PLEASE bring “Cocktails with Larry Miller” to the San Diego area!

Homer is Homer
    and Pluto is a planet!

Sincerely
    Charley Miller

41. Jim Harris
    2012/08/15 at 10:57 am #

Yes, I have a place to go to each day, and someone to come home to each night who loves me, but it’s hard to feel I’ve already won, game over, without your voice in my life.

Wishing you, the man with the best, and truest, sign-off in radio history, a speedy recover.

-Jim

42. Scott W
    2012/08/15 at 1:08 pm #

Larry walking back into the studio will be like Willis Reed walking into the Garden. A cheer, and a glass, will go up across the land as the hero returns from injury to his venue of greatness. Can’t wait.

43. Matt
    2012/08/16 at 7:45 pm #

You are starting to piss me off. LOL. Need you back buddy. My IPOD is lonely without your voice in it’s head.

44. Barry Bowman
    2012/08/17 at 9:11 pm #

Wow, I keep going back to the well for that looonng sip of (fill in your favorite adult beverage here)and find you’re still on the injured list Larry. Please get well soon. You are seriously missed. As an old morning guy radio jock up here in the Great White North I’ve followed you ever since I can remember first spotting you in Pretty Woman and telling my wife “this guy is going places!” Actually so did my marriage shortly after that but that’s not important…I must confess I tried to mimic your style with all your throw away lines and hilarious set-ups but my listeners just thought I was drinking on-air (which is what I was doing actually.) A martini in a coffee cup is never a good idea At 5AM. I much prefer the actual Starbucks cup unless you prefer a Grande macchiato which clashes with the vermouth-not recommended. Get well Larry!
    Barry Bowman
    Victoria, B.C.

45. JMill
    2012/08/19 at 7:16 pm #

Miss ya big guy

46. state your name
    2012/08/20 at 2:04 pm #

Larry, I (we) need to hear the one about you having to get up and do your act following a memorial service again. You know, the one where the security guy tells you to shush when you attempt to tell him that the timing is bad. Of course, I’d (we’d) also like to hear the one about you trying to escape the angry school mob in the pouring rain when the car wouldn’t start. Then again, it would be nice to hear the one about the day where you spilled coffee three times. Anyway, you pick. Just come back to us- please!

47. Mick McNamara
    2012/08/21 at 3:02 am #

Just a wee note to wish you well Larry.Hope your rehabilitation is going to plan and you are getting back to your old self or even better a new and improved Larry Miller ala The six Million Dollar Man. Do you think you may be able to wangle some Bionic prosthetics,maybe Bionic hair?!!!!
    I will be passing through L.A in December and I would love nothing better than to catch one of your shows,so get well soon and with luck I shall see you in the flesh soon.

48. Phil
    2012/08/21 at 9:33 pm #

Larry, I have wondered what I should say for a few weeks. (I’m more of a “sign my name” kind of guy where cards are concerned.) I love podcasts—I was raised on talk radio—but I tire of news & politics shows and don’t care for unnecessarily crass humor podcasts. Thank you for being the perfect humor podcast for this old soul/prude. You’re a class act, and I truly appreciate you.

Phil

PS—I absolutely love Necessary Roughness, and it is to your credit that someone as genuine and amiable as you can play such a jerk. Well done, sir.

49. Terry Sampson
    2012/08/22 at 10:44 am #

I realize it takes what it takes to get better – I’m hoping your back in full comedic shape as soon as possible. I’m enjoying the reruns, but look forward to your new observations as the world travels by – I look forward to those each week.

Get better and get back to it Larry!

Terry

50. Kirk
    2012/08/22 at 12:18 pm #

Can’t wait to have you back, Larry…if you are being held incommunicado, let us know and we’ll send out a rescue team as soon as we’re sober enough to drive.

Love you and miss you, and can’t wait for the next LMDS event in my neck of the woods (Las Vegas)

Homer is Homer!