Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

As some of you have already heard, Larry Miller — stacker of soap, our fearless (and hairless) leader, the great updater, defender of Pluto — took a spill and conked the old noggin pretty good.

Please feel free to sign this “virtual get well card” for Larry by leaving a comment below. Thanks to everyone who has already sent in kind words and well wishes. You patience and kindness really means a lot and makes all the difference in the world.

We’ll keep you updated here and on the show’s Facebook page with any news on Larry’s recovery.

Until then, nominum quid geminus!?

And thanks to our friends at bindledog.com for this get well video!

Tags: ,

2,201 Responses to “Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card”

1. Evan Lisé
    2012/06/13 at 4:05 am #

You’re a really inspiring fellow, and a great podcaster to boot! No one deserves a speedy recovery more than you buddy. Can’t wait for your first show back.

Always (Or at least for a little while longer),

Evan

• DTV
      2012/07/06 at 11:17 am #

Sitting at a restaurant inn the King of Prussia mall, with my mother who grew up in Valley Stream, And my Jets season ticket holder brother. Hope you get well soon, Larry

2. The Sean
    2012/06/13 at 12:00 pm #

So what yo’re saying is we get zero? What can we do with zero?

Come back when you can, we’ll keep our ears warm with redux(es?)…

3. Gail from Bayside
    2012/06/13 at 6:40 pm #

Like so many of your loyal fans I imagine, checking every week hoping for your return…it’s been too long. Be well, Larry, you are missed.

4. Mike Binder
    2012/06/13 at 8:42 pm #

I have taken to breaking out my Larry Miller Drinking Society Card and having a drink to your speedy recovery each day after I finish work. Two things:

1) I will need a new card soon as I am wearing this one out.
    2) You need to get back soon or I will have to actually admit I may have a problem. Until then, it’s simply a tribute!

Get well soon sir, the world loves to laugh along with you!

All the best!

Mike

5. Matt Butler
    2012/06/14 at 6:31 am #

Hey Larry, I watched “God Bless America” a couple nights ago. I’m not sure that seeing you get shot in the chest (spoiler alert) was the best form of get well homage but hey, I thought your acting was great and I enjoyed the film.

Miss the podcast, hope your recovery continues to go well.

6. Lou Henley
    2012/06/14 at 7:27 pm #

I hope your recovery is going well. Watching you in the Palestinian Chicken episode of Curb right now. Comedy gold as always. Get well soon.

7. DMa@
    2012/06/16 at 9:23 pm #

So just it up Larry is dead right? Not one HEY! I’ll miss the old guy. the fumbling , humbling , good humored ,fun guy that like women. The line about and then you meet women will aways live with me. Thank you larry for the laughs and rest in peace. M

8. Stacey E
    2012/06/17 at 9:52 pm #

“rest in peace”? Holy cow, the man is quite alive. Try to get some high-grippage shoes Larry, we miss you.

9. very concerned.
    2012/06/19 at 12:05 am #

Larry, Laaaaaaaaaarry, Larry. Larry, Larry, Larry, c’mon folks let’s get a chant going. Larry, Larry, Larry!!!

Love ya pal. Best wishes to your speedy (really?) hasn’t it been a few months? Wait, now I’m getting more concerned. Larry. Larry? How are you doin’? Getting better? A little more nimble on your toes? Sharpening that clever wit of yours? Oh I hope so. Come back soon.

Larry we love you.
    Kindest thoughts coming straight towards whatever ailes you.

Concerned,
    Keith

10. Jason Homer
    2012/06/19 at 3:34 am #

You’ve been entertaining me, my friends and the world for many, many years. Thank you. Please get well soon. We miss you.

- Homer

11. Dave Valentine
    2012/06/19 at 4:22 pm #

Get well soon Larry. You’re a class act with a classy act. Looking forward to more comedy.

12. Patrick
    2012/06/19 at 7:33 pm #

I love your show.I don’t get to hear it or Adams as often is i would like.
    Get healthy and get it on because that’s important to me.

PS card caring member ”Nominum Quid Geminus?”

13. Ben West
    2012/06/19 at 9:06 pm #

Just found out today is National Martini Day! That gives me a reason to have a Martini…Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason!

This one’s for you, Larry!

Can’t wait to hear you back in the saddle at ACE Broadcasting!

Nominum quid geminus?

Your Reno fan who came to Springfield to share a McIntosh apple!

14. state your name
    2012/06/19 at 10:02 pm #

Who is this “Larry” that everybody is referring to? I don’t remember any “Larry” around here. At any rate, after his fall, maybe this Larry guy had to get in a line in some public building someplace in order to re-apply for a podcasting license. He probably got to the front of the line, and was then told that he was in the wrong line. Then he got to the front of the correct line, and was told that he had brought the wrong forms. Or… maybe he’s just been out hamper shopping all this time. There are a lot of possibilities. At any rate, I don’t remember this “Larry” person…

15. John
    2012/06/20 at 9:41 am #

I came upon your podcast late, so I have had the joy of going back and listening to all the older ones during your convalescence.

Almost every podcast evokes a memory and several good quotes. I love the one you said about not knowing much about women as a young man, “I was aware of the biology, but didn’t get the geometry” – or something to that effect. Brilliant! I now go through my week chuckling to myself and in a good mood. Thank you and God bless. Here’s to a speedy recovery! -clink-

16. Robb in Pittsburgh
    2012/06/20 at 11:38 am #

Hope your noggin is healing well,
    while you’re perfecting the five-fecta.
    I’ll show my solidarity,
    with a glass of tonic & necta!

To hear you crack-wise and regail
    us with tails from long ago.
    The podcast crowd will surely wait
    as long as you need, dontcha know.

But we won’t sit here long of face
    while you’re trying to get your rest.
    A martini glass well-filled we’ll raise
    TO Larry,… Well he’s alright I guess.

Get well, Pal.
    We miss ya.

17. Matt Hedman
    2012/06/21 at 5:15 pm #

Larry, we all miss you and wish you the speediest of recoveries from your unfortunate pratfall. On the bright side, I’m sure it will make for one of hell of a story that you can share with all of us once you return to the airwaves.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Matt
    Spokane, WA

18. Howard Gilman
    2012/06/22 at 1:13 pm #

Speaking of true occurrences: Garrison Keillor on a book tour, visited my town Maplewood’s “Words” bookstore for a humorous talk, reading and book signing. In the Q&A, one cranky guy (not me) asked what Keillor thought of the late Jean Shepard (Keillor hadn’t heard him but respected his talent for being fired). What I thought about, was that Keillor’s responses had touched on the crucial role of audience reaction in his live shows and I thought of the contrast to Shepard’s monologue style which was well-suited to being alone with a microphone. In live performance recordings it seemed to me like the audience reaction just slowed him down. When Keillor left, he seemed a bit melancholy and I would have liked to have had something to say to cheer him up. Something like: “Jean Shepard was not-quite-Lenny Bruce but Mr. Keillor, I think you’re up there with Will Rogers — or maybe James Thurber.” Of course these notions only occurred to me later on but I was irrationally troubled by having nothing amusing to say to show my appreciation (and a bit of a competitive urge to try to make him laugh). Compared to what sounded like the good time shared by a large live audience of the Prairie Home Companion, listening to Jean Shepard when I was young was a very different experience (on headphones, especially, since no one in my household could “get it”) — more like a one-way phone call from the witty-though-manic high school friend. I continued to obsess about missing the chance to amuse Mr. Keillor. On a subsequent day I spoke of this to a co-worker. I commented that if we had had to pay Keillor for his visit, it would probably have been thousands — and he said for a commencement address, it would have been 50 thousand. He added that while Keillor acts all “warm and fuzzy” for the public, behind the scenes he was “a real tough cookie.” Almost at once I began to feel relieved and completely off the hook.
    Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!

19. Arthur Chavez
    2012/06/24 at 12:34 pm #

Larry,Larry,Larry. Please do me a solid and get back on the horse.I made the mistake of sharing the podcast with my wife on one of our extended car trips(to Florida?) She is now a devotee and a better drinker.She is getting caught up via itunes.The clock is ticking.Get well and be well.Art and Jessi in Waukesha,Wi.(Near King of Prussia)

20. Bill Wernet
    2012/06/24 at 9:36 pm #

Heard from Adam Carolla you are doing well.

That is important to me.

Eager to see/hear you soon.

Bill

21. Justin Dillon
    2012/06/25 at 8:31 am #

I really miss your podcast, the wit and the warmth of it all. So does my 2-1/2-year-old son, who would listen to it with me on the way home from school. (He *really* loves the opening march.) When I told him what happened to you, he got sad and said he wanted you to feel better. That night, when I was putting him to bed, I asked him (as I do every night) if he wanted to say a special prayer for anyone. And he said, I kid you not, “Larry Miller.” Since then, he’s done it at least half a dozen times without being prompted by me. We both miss you and hope you are back on your feet, and back at the mic, as soon as possible. All our best to you and your family during this difficult time.

22. Lew
    2012/06/25 at 1:20 pm #

Great to hear you are doing better Larry. I’m sure Col. Jeff and Dr. Chris weren’t looking forward to leaving your body on a hotel bed in some random city! Can’t wait to hear you back on the podcast.

23. andrew haigh
    2012/06/25 at 5:08 pm #

So glad to hear on Adam’s show that you are recovering well. I was just listening the other day to a couple of podcasts when you filled in for Dennis Miller in 2008 (you were talking about Little League parents, Jerry Seinfeld was a mystery call-in guest). I have kept these shows on my iPod ever since because they always pick me up if I’m down and make me laugh and think positively when I’ve got a big day/task coming up.
    Best wishes and take your time getting better.
    thanks,
    Andrew

24. Doug Fallis
    2012/06/26 at 8:21 am #

Get well soon!

25. Homer Pluto
    2012/06/26 at 9:09 am #

Dear Larry,

Yesterday on the podcast, Aceman mentioned in one of his glorious complaintathons that he’d paid you a visit, and that you’d said something about how lucky you felt. Well, as a tribute to you, and to that very fine and noble sentiment, I give you the late Bernard Knox, a classicist among classicists, who fought in the Spanish Civil War, and who had this to say about an unusual passage in our man Homer’s Iliad. The passage is unusual, by the way, b/c Homer so seldom engages in descriptions of beauty, natural or otherwise.

——-
    “The most marvelous lines in the Iliad owe their unearthly, poignant beauty to the presence of violence, held momentarily in reserve but brooding over the landscape. They are the lines that end Book 8 and described the Trojans camped on the plain, awaiting the next dawn, which will launch them on their attack on the Greek fortification.

‘And so their spirits soared
    as they took positions down the passageways fo battle
    all night long, and the watchfires blazed among them.
    Hundreds strong, as stars in the night sky glittering
    round the moon’s brilliance blaze in all their glory
    when the air falls to a sudden, windless calm . . .
    all the lookout peaks stand out and the jutting cliffs
    and the steep ravines and down from the high heavens bursts
    the boundless bright air and all the stars shine clear
    and the shepherd’s heart exults—so many fires burned
    between the ships and the Xanthus’ whirling rapids
    set by the men of Troy bright against their walls.’

These are surely the clearest hills, the most brilliant stars and the brightest fires in all poetry, and everyone who has waited to go into battle knows how true the lines are, how clear and memorable and lovely is every detail of the landscape the soldier fears he may be seeing for the last time.”
    ———-

The passage’s relevance to your own case, as you’ll doubtless understand, goes well beyond the fact that on the night in question you too saw stars. Speaking of stars, there’s a good chance that among those stars that Homer depicts and that you saw was Pluto, which is, as we all know, not a star but planet, and a damn fine I’d like to point out. And who better to know that than a friend who, wishing you a full and speedy recovery, remains

Homer Pluto

26. Katie
    2012/06/26 at 1:58 pm #

Heard from Adam Carolla that you are doing really well! So glad to hear it! Glad to hear your spirits are high and that you’re thankful things are going so well. We, the fans, are thankful too! Keep up the recovery work and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

27. Greg Boschert
    2012/06/27 at 6:01 am #

Larry, I trust when you received your painkilling drugs, you asked the physician, “Nomiem quid geminus?”

This past weekend, I found myself locked in an eight hour car journey with my two sons, aged 18 and 16. To pass the time, I plugged my iPod into the car’s audio system, and cautiously played one of your podcasts. I steeled myself for howls of pain from my sons (who have established without a doubt that my taste in music is nausea inducing). But to my shock and delight, the boys loved your sense of humor and stories. What followed was several hours of shared laughs and turned a long, boring drive into a funny bonding experience with my sons.

Most of my fondest memories of growing up were the laughs I shared with my family, and I hope my sons will remember this as one of those times. Many thanks for giving us some laughs, and thanks for all your very human stories about the delights and absurdities of life.

Take your time, get healthy, and as my Scottish wife’s family crest says, “Numquam reddere scruta,” or, “Never pay retail.”

Sincerely,
    Greg Boschert

28. Edward
    2012/06/27 at 10:03 am #

How wonderful to hear your message today!
    Keep getting better everyday. If there is such a thing as benefitting from the positive energy people are sending you, you will be back at 101% in no time. All the very best.

2012/06/27 at 4:21 pm #

There is such a thing and he is definitely benefiting from it! Thanks a million for all of your support, positive comments and paitence, everyone! Nominum quid geminus? — Col. Jeff

29. Henry Sanchez
    2012/06/27 at 10:51 am #

Larry, I’ve been a fan for a while and when I finally got to see your stand up (Tampa FL – 2008) I was thrilled, but even more thrilled when I heard of your Podcast. Hope you get well soon so you can come back to pod-casting so we can all have a Podcast to listen to on the way home to the person who cares about us :)

30. management consulting services
    2012/06/27 at 1:35 pm #

There is a writer named Stan Slap who wrote: Think about a legendary manager in your company – you may be one, O revered one, or you may know one. Anyways I think we can all learn from this knowledge on business to live better.

31. Lynch
    2012/06/27 at 1:39 pm #

Listening to your podcast is the best part of my week! Get better soon!

32. Shaun Fagan
    2012/06/27 at 2:35 pm #

Larry, my best wishes for your continued reovery. Keep pulling that ripcord, pal! Not only do I keep pulling that ripcord, I’m pulling for you. I look forward to your return to the microphone soon. Hang in there!

33. mike weber
    2012/06/27 at 3:45 pm #

Wow, Larry, I just heard your voice. You’re not kidding around. Get well, Little Three brother.

34. Karl Dempwolf
    2012/06/27 at 9:56 pm #

Dear Larry, we are your next door neighbors Diane and Karl. We wish you the very best and a speedy, complete recovery. We miss seeing you on Trash Day when we put our barrels out together! We love ya, D.& K

35. Hugh
    2012/07/01 at 5:51 am #

Larry, it was great hearing your chirpy voice this week! :)
    Very happy to hear your recovery is going well.

I am enjoying the rebroadcasts of the show, I think they are even better the second time around.

Nominum Quid Geminus.

Best,
    Hugh

36. Kory
    2012/07/01 at 10:12 am #

Larry, I was saddened to hear that you were injured, as someone as nice and as genuine as you doesn’t deserve any pain or suffering. I am glad you are on the mend, and I can’t wait to hear you again soon. I hope when you get back on your feet again, your live show comes somewhere in Michigan or at least near Michigan. I’m not even a big drinker but I’d love to have a drink with you after a show. Take care, pal!

37. Mike
    2012/07/01 at 5:29 pm #

Hey Larry,

Just heard your message on the podcast. You sound great and it was wonderful to hear you’re on the mend.

I’ve been a long time fan of your comedy and acting work, and am looking forward to having you back on my ipod asap.

Take care buddy,

Mike

38. Jay
    2012/07/02 at 4:44 am #

LARRY! It was sooooo great to hear your voice this week – and that you’re doing so well. Heard Adam also talk about his visit with you. Your accident is a very real reminder that all we take for granted – we should not.

I will toast to your ongoing and speedy recovery – and look forward to hearing your return (or even better seeing you live in Boston).

Feel better,

Jay

39. Rusty Weise
    2012/07/03 at 8:02 pm #

Larry, we’d all love to have you back really soon, and in tip-top form to boot. I didn’t have to add “to boot”, but I thought you might enjoy the old expression. I don’t get it, though. What’s that mean, “to boot”? I don’t think a boot and a cherry on top are quite the same thing, but apparently they are. If you can help me out on this, I’d appreciate it. Not a lot, but I’d appreciate it a little, anyway. You know…is it possible that your continued symptoms are a lot like you were, before the catastrophic event? Some may think that you were always a little off, kind of dizzy. And I bet you had plenty of headaches before, following a few beefy martinis the previous night, am I right? Okay, I shouldn’t make light of your condition, I’m sure YOU wouldn’t have fun at someone else’s expens…. Wait a minute. That’s exactly what you’d do, isn’t it? Well, then I have no choice but to say it; Come back soon, Larry. You were never sure you were quite in your right mind as it was.

40. Al Berman
    2012/07/05 at 12:00 am #

Get well you great comedian.

41. James Fitz
    2012/07/05 at 7:41 am #

Best…Story…Teller…end of discussion

Here’s hoping you’re up soon and peering into God’s Flashlight

Get well Mr. Miller, you are missed

42. Paula
    2012/07/05 at 9:15 am #

I hadn’t realized how much Larry had infiltrated my little world until I heard “Souza” on the Capital 4th on PBS yesterday and my ears immediately perked up. Thank you, Larry, for not only being funny but also giving me appreciation for Souza.

43. Mitch
    2012/07/06 at 9:53 am #

Really come on ,come on!!!!!!!

44. Mitch
    2012/07/06 at 9:55 am #

Oh bye the way your missed.

45. Mark Chambers
    2012/07/11 at 7:12 am #

Glad to hear you’re doing well. Looking forward to hearing your voice in a new episode. Take care of yourself.

46. Diane M. Martin
    2012/07/11 at 7:57 am #

Dear Larry,

It was fantastic to hear from you! I am thrilled that you are doing well. The most important thing is that you recover fully. On the bright side I have the old episodes to tide me over until you can record new episodes.

I have been ending my own little podcast with your ending as a kind of tribute. I hope you do not mind. I encourage the few listeners I have to go check your podcast out! I hope that they take the time to subscribe and catch up on the old episodes!

Thank you for everything!
    Nominum Quid Geminus!
    hugs,
    -Diane.

47. Matt Davis
    2012/07/11 at 12:13 pm #

Mr. Larry – You don’t know me, but …. etc… Wishing you all the best, get well soon sir! Rehab sucks, but work thru it! You are loved.

Matt Davis

48. mike weber
    2012/07/13 at 3:32 pm #

Just now I had a craving for a Hamper Update. What prompted this was a story about how women can relax when their bras hit the floor at the end of the day. It’s true.

As you can see, we really need you back, Larry.

NQG, landesman

49. Paul Schloemer
    2012/07/14 at 11:32 am #

I do wish you well Larry, but I must say, I listen to your podcast on Stitcher when I go running, and if I’ve heard the joke before, it makes it easier to control my breathing. When you come back it is going to ruin my pace!
    God bless you!

50. David Lee
    2012/07/15 at 10:57 pm #

You must come back soon. My attempt at Mimesis with the indigenous fauna is not going well.

2012/07/17 at 5:12 pm #

We don’t know what that means, but we sincerely hope your situation improves! — Col. Jeff

Trackbacks/Pingbacks