Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

As some of you have already heard, Larry Miller — stacker of soap, our fearless (and hairless) leader, the great updater, defender of Pluto — took a spill and conked the old noggin pretty good.

Please feel free to sign this “virtual get well card” for Larry by leaving a comment below. Thanks to everyone who has already sent in kind words and well wishes. You patience and kindness really means a lot and makes all the difference in the world.

We’ll keep you updated here and on the show’s Facebook page with any news on Larry’s recovery.

Until then, nominum quid geminus!?

And thanks to our friends at bindledog.com for this get well video!

Tags: ,

2,201 Responses to “Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card”

1. Bruce Johnson
    2012/05/26 at 7:31 am #

Was looking forward to seeing you in Memphis last week, was asked if I wanted refund I said no thank you, I know Larry will be up and about soon enough and I’ll ise tix then. You’re without a doubt the best comic in our generation and I hope with all my soul that I’ll one day get a chane to see you live. Get well soon and keep up the good work to stop everyone from the killer that calls itself a sport.

• Michael Waggoner
      2012/06/14 at 5:20 pm #

Larry,Larry
      Quite unhairy
      Took a spill
      It was scary
      (I stole that rhyme
      It belongs to Mary)

Larry: “Hey Doc, after I recover will I be able to think clearly enough to play a decent round of Driving To Florida with Adam Carolla?”
      Doc: “Yes Larry, it shouldn’t be a problem.”
      Larry: “That’s Amazing!”
      Doc: “Why is that amazing?”
      Larry: “Because I couldn’t do it before the accident…COME ON!!!”

Get well soon Larry. We miss you.

• Michael Waggoner
        2012/06/16 at 11:41 am #

P.S. Did anyone else besides me notice the Ralph’s in the cartoon?

2. Ron Thompson
    2012/05/26 at 9:44 am #

Larry as our fearless leader a quick recovery is needed. The troops are running a muck without leadership. Guys drinking alone, drinking girly drinks we need you man! Wrap that noodle of yours in old beer labels and get back on the bottle, or is it horse? Which ever, we miss your smooth tunes coming through the speakers. Get well Pal and as always If you woke up this morning had a job and a place to come home to and one’s who love you then well DAMMIT man you have won! your loyal listener and card member, Ron a.k.a Partime

3. Blurrymark
    2012/05/26 at 12:26 pm #

Mr. Larry Miller,
    I hope you are well on your way to full recovery. Get well soon, That’s important to me!
    I miss hearing you weekly and just wanted to say so.
    Thank You for the priceless laughs over the years.

Cheers

4. Daniel Maigler
    2012/05/26 at 2:19 pm #

You know who Larry miller really can’t stand… Neither do I. Larry you are the bizarro Adam Carolla and yet I love you both. Get well soon and now may be a good time to try out some of the more exotic safety razor blades, what with all the bandages so near at hand. Looking forward to the next update.

5. Mark
    2012/05/27 at 5:20 pm #

Larry, you must get better. I feel sorry for some reason every time the Colonel has to catch us up on your recovery. Get better and get back on the air, the classic shows are a gift for sure, but we want to hear you and your laugh again. :)

All the best!

Mark
    also a Jinky’s fan, as well as the Infield (hot dog stand)

6. John
    2012/05/27 at 8:00 pm #

Get well soon! The world needs you in it. In addition to being the uncle we all want, love, and need, also you remind me of Jane Lynch…a lesbian trapped in a mans body that makes everything that they are in great.

Cheers to the LMDS!

7. John Petrini
    2012/05/28 at 12:39 pm #

Come on Larry get better already! We miss you buddy, get well soon. I’m sure your gonna have some great stories. Hope your family is doing well.

Cheers

8. DNMIA
    2012/05/28 at 3:36 pm #

I’ve been in the hospital, there is not that many pretty nurses to see. There are some, but not enough to stay for so long.

Get back to work already, we need you. Been a fan for too long to try and go it alone.

Get well, soon !

Card carrying member (LMDS)

9. Steve Frederick
    2012/05/29 at 11:23 am #

How dumb am I?
    I have been listening to the podcast from the beginning and just got the opening joke, “From Level 5 City…”.
    Get well soon and hope that you know that you are missed and we are pulling for you. We know that you are as anxious to get back as we are to have you back.
    Am hoping you have another great obvious joke that will take me over a year to get.

10. Ryan Goldman
    2012/05/29 at 1:00 pm #

Hope your recovery is near complete. Your podcast is missed as are your appearances on the Carolla podcast. I need some Hypothetical Road Trip! If you hurry back, Adam might actually let you get one RIGHT! Hope to see you in Fayetteville, Arkansas again soon.

11. garbis
    2012/05/29 at 8:00 pm #

you owe me 7 new twwlm

12. Andrew
    2012/05/30 at 6:02 am #

larry, why are there two of you?

can’t wait to have you back old man. knit fast.

13. Alan Mitnick
    2012/05/30 at 7:28 am #

God Bless, and a speedy, full recovery! -Alan

14. NJPete
    2012/05/30 at 8:47 am #

We await your return, fearless leader. Get well.

I used “You call that a double?” (English-language version) the other night at dinner with friends – big laughs even though none of them got the reference.

15. Cliff Lewis
    2012/05/30 at 1:41 pm #

Larry, I am enjoying a double scotch on the rocks in your honor sir. Then another and anothranotherd……..well anyway you get the idea. We miss your rye oops I meant wry humor. GET WELL SOON !!!

16. GoodEgg
    2012/05/30 at 2:22 pm #

Larry, a couple of times a week something funny or annoying will happen and I think “man, Larry would find this amusing, the nutty little things in life”. Then I realize you are still on the injured list and it makes me sad.

Get Well Pal.

17. Dennis Coughlin
    2012/05/30 at 7:00 pm #

Checking in again Larry to wish you well and best wishes that you feel better. Greatly enjoyed a 2nd listen of The 5 Levels of Drinking podcast today at work.
    Take care.

18. Jim Carter
    2012/05/31 at 4:35 am #

Hurry and get well we in Alabama miss you greatly.

19. Fox
    2012/05/31 at 10:39 am #

A baby comic walks into a bar. That’s it.

Here’s to a speedy recovery. We miss you.

20. Jody Collins
    2012/05/31 at 11:29 am #

Just now finding out about your fall, was behind on my podcast listening. Best to you and your family. Hope you get to feeling better. To maybe lift your spirits, in a perfect moment of serendipity… I was catching up, listening to Col. Jeff give an update, when I received the following text from my mom: “Just went to the doctor’s office with your dad, and the office had a ‘leg lamp’! LOL!”

Nominum quid geminus!
    Jody in Knoxville, TN

21. Agnus Magnus
    2012/05/31 at 11:42 am #

I heard your theme music on a Boston radio station and perked up thinking, “OH MY GOD! IT WAS ALL A RUSE! THEY’VE GONE CORPORATE!” Then realized your theme music served as the bed for advertising the Local 103 Electrician’s Union. Like waking from a great dream to realize I was back in a humorless existence, I turned off the radio to curse myself for the hundredth time not making it out to Springfield when I had the chance. No babysitter? No problem! The toddler will look after the newborn! Larry Miller is in Central Massachusetts!

Stupid kids. Stupid electricians. Stupid me. Get better, Larry.

Sincerely yours,
    Agnus

22. Steve S.
    2012/05/31 at 8:33 pm #

Hey there pal!

I am missing the weekly Podcasts; however, I would rather have you healthy and wait. You are an inspiration to all that listen to you. I listen to your Podcasts while I work out and I am happy to let you know that you have gotten me through some tough miles of running and I am now just over 10 lbs lighter…. which doesn’t sound like much but it’s hard running and laughing at the same time! It’s more like running then walking as I catch my breath from laughing. I also often have to stop to tell the person next to me what is so funny because of the crazy look they are giving me while I’m laughing about what seems to be nothing to them.

Get well, Larry. And remember, when you got hurt, you had a job to go to, a home you eventually went back to, you have someone to go home to every night, and you have a fan base that cares a lot about you. The game is over and you’ve won my friend.

Take care and I hope to hear your voice soon.

Steve S in Saint Louis, MO

P.S. Homer is Homer and Pluto will always be planet to me.

23. Philip Livecchi
    2012/05/31 at 10:27 pm #

It truly sucks when bad things happen to good people. Get well soon.

Phil in South Jersey

24. Bob Kenyon
    2012/06/01 at 10:42 am #

Hi Larry!

I’m glad to hear you’re recovering nicely from your head injury. We all miss hearing your great stories and life lessons each week, but we also want to make sure you are back to 100% before you pick up those headphones and mic again. Looking forward to hearing your triumphant return to the airwaves! By the way (drink), if you’re interested in starting a chapter of the LMAS (Larry Miller Aspirin Society) here in Houston, I’d be honored to serve as chapter president.

Get Well Soon!

Bob K.
    Proud Card-Carrying Member of the LMDS
    Houston, TX

25. Drew Jacobs
    2012/06/01 at 11:53 am #

Miss you on my commute to work but glad you are reesting and healing well. Thank you to the Doc and Col for the updates. Raise a toast to Larry each week as I travel for work. Thanks also for the LMDS, last week…19th free drink as I talked about the Society, the podcast, and explaining nominum quid geminus!?

Take Good Care,

D

26. John Holod
    2012/06/01 at 2:05 pm #

You’ve made me laugh for years, get better soon so you can keep us all laughing for years and years to come.

27. Richard Smith
    2012/06/01 at 6:29 pm #

So now you have been knocked on the head. Do you need another to retrieve your memory to find the podcast? Love your show Larry and crew. Hope you’ll be able to walk out of bed in the morning soon. till then Richard from Eagle Creek Or.

28. Melva Bennett
    2012/06/01 at 7:00 pm #

Dear Larry,

Well, Mayor Bloomberg’s at it again. He plans on banning Big Gulps. I’m waiting until he bans caffeine. Then I’ll invest in International Torch & Pitchfork. They’re the ones with the ecologically-friendly LED torches. And the blunt-tipped forks. Which aren’t much good for pitching hay, but do leave an impression elsewhere.

Take care of yourself and heal up fast. We miss you.

Sincerely,

Melva Bennett
    El Lago, TX

29. Patrick
    2012/06/01 at 8:59 pm #

Get well Larry Miller…you’re missed.

30. Bob
    2012/06/02 at 3:11 pm #

I remember you telling the story of introducing your parents to Leslie Nielsen. Take a listen to “The Nerdist” podcast titled “Airplane!” dated May 4, 2012. Beginning at minute 20 Robert Hayes talks about Leslie Nielsen’s hand held fart noise machine. It’s almost as funny as your story.

Bob

31. Frenchroast
    2012/06/03 at 10:11 pm #

Larry, I’m starting to get worried about you! You are not one to take much time off from comedy. I wish you a full recovery.

32. Nate
    2012/06/04 at 12:35 am #

Chairman Miller,

Enjoying a cocktail just isn’t the same with out getting a dose of your humor on a weekly basis. Your return in good health is much anticipated.

33. Garrett
    2012/06/04 at 11:36 am #

hey larry just found your amazing podcast yesterday, and only just now heard about your fall. Been a big fan for a number of years,and just want to say i hope all is well, and glad to hear your on the mend, now give me some new episodes,ive already listened to everything on here in 2 days,haha get better good sir, pluto needs you

34. Tom T from Tacoma (actually, from Long Island, but there is no alliteration in that!)
    2012/06/06 at 4:02 am #

Larry – each week, full of hope, I plug my Ipod into my computer and hope that a fresh new This Week with Larry Miller episode will appear. I so enjoy your podcasts and not having them makes me feel as if I have lost a loved one. The fact is you are loved and you bring joy to the world around you! We are all awaiting your return and hope for a full recovery and, of course, as many stories as you can tell us from your experiences. Chasing nurses around the hospital, joking with the Doctors – “Doc, will I be able to play the violin?…Well sure Mr. Miller…Great because I never played it before!” rimshot!!!

I miss you Pal! Can’t wait until you are well!!!

35. Megan
    2012/06/06 at 8:34 am #

Larry, hurry up and get well! You are missed on Carolla’s Hypothetical Roadtrip game. My all time favorite one is from 2010 when you are asked if you would rather ride with a woman who collects cat figurines or with an angry Armenian store owner…. OMG you are hilarious. If anyone loves this bit as much as I do please find Carolla’s podcast from 10-26-2010 starting at minute 55, its Larry at his best. Ok pal sending you get well thoughts and wishes. :)

36. Daniel Myron Handelman
    2012/06/06 at 7:34 pm #

Larry, You better make the story of your hospitalization a 5 episode serial, much like the old time Flash Gordon shows. In fact, you should BE Flash Gordon!

Get well soon!

37. jacques
    2012/06/07 at 9:51 am #

Convalescas ex aegroto mox! And Gute Besserung!

xoxo,

Jacques

38. Ken
    2012/06/07 at 8:31 pm #

Get Well Larry! Cheers

39. Adam
    2012/06/07 at 9:53 pm #

Speedy recovery, Larry. Best wishes.

40. Matt Kruse
    2012/06/07 at 10:41 pm #

To the man who reinforces the touch of class that many of us yearn for; and sometimes don’t know where to find it…..your show is a beautiful little slice of a genteel time. Take care and get well.

41. guariset
    2012/06/08 at 3:41 am #

Hey pal
    Missing your sincere humor,outrageous and also interesting and at times very educating stories thank you very much for all the laughs but could you please do us all a solid and get well very very soon…you are terribly missed come on…..come on…pal best wishes.
    Your’e pal Guariset.

42. Sam G
    2012/06/08 at 6:44 am #

Please recover soon, Larry. I know your absence from the airwaves has had an enormous effect on my family, because just this morning, when driving my sister to school, she said, “What happened to that radio show that had the one guy, who messed up a lot, and talked about those boring old movies?” I said, “You mean Larry Miller?” She said, “I don’t remember, but it was great, because I could always fall asleep to it.” So Larry, your show is for more than great stories, old Hollywood stories, and sagely advice; it also puts small children to sleep! Can’t wait for these doctors to sign off completely on your recovery… and if they don’t, just keep pressing that ‘Call’ button! -Sam G

43. Cory Baltimore
    2012/06/08 at 6:52 am #

I was sad to hear about Larry’s accident. However, I was comforted by the thought that there is always a chance that the severe blow to the head may have caused Larry to develop the super power of always being able to pick the correct hypothetical roadtrip partner.

44. Jon Dawson
    2012/06/09 at 11:35 am #

Can we get an update on Larry?

45. Aaron
    2012/06/09 at 9:00 pm #

Mrs. Miller? Can Larry come out to play?

46. H R Jordan
    2012/06/10 at 5:34 pm #

Larry:
    Okay, mister, enough is enough. Lots of people wondering when you’re going to strap it on and get back in the saddle. Funny at first, this whole “Oh, Larry just rattled the few brain cells he has left – back next week!” Your countless listeners are waiting for the new season.
    “And by…!”

47. Richie in Missouri
    2012/06/11 at 10:59 pm #

Get well soon Larry! Know for sure that you are missed – You’ve lifted my spirits plenty of times and, like so many people, I look forward to your podcasts. Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Richie

48. Bob M.
    2012/06/12 at 8:45 am #

Larry we’re all waiting with baited breath for your triumphant return. I would, however, like to dispel the the rumor that your injury was a fall and strike to the head. From various inside sources I’ve been able to learn that a much more serious, sinister accident occurred. Not to get into details, but let me just say “Safety Razor malfunction”.

Anyway, as in that great classic comedy “The Bank Dick”, I extend to you a hearty hand grasp and wish you all the best. This time I mean it.

49. Tim
    2012/06/12 at 4:02 pm #

I’m getting tired of having to watch my girls’ copies of Princess Diaries 1 AND 2 to get my Larry fix. (Although, it also allows me to get my Julie Andrews fix, who as you know, was our version of Wonder Woman before Lynda Carter took over.) Anyway Larry, tell your wife you are going out to spill some coffee, then slip over to Ace and record a show! She’ll be none the wiser.

Get well sooner than soon.

50. Greg Hodgkins
    2012/06/12 at 5:32 pm #

Hope you are recovering well, Larry. Like Boris and Natasha, we cannot do much without our Fearless Leader. Colonel Jeff and Dr. Chris have been doing a fine job keeping us updated and we’ve enjoyed hearing some of the best old episodes. But, what we need most of all is a double shot of Larry and possibly a couple more to make the evening mellow. Take care, get well and watch out for moose and squirrel.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks