Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card

As some of you have already heard, Larry Miller — stacker of soap, our fearless (and hairless) leader, the great updater, defender of Pluto — took a spill and conked the old noggin pretty good.

Please feel free to sign this “virtual get well card” for Larry by leaving a comment below. Thanks to everyone who has already sent in kind words and well wishes. You patience and kindness really means a lot and makes all the difference in the world.

We’ll keep you updated here and on the show’s Facebook page with any news on Larry’s recovery.

Until then, nominum quid geminus!?

And thanks to our friends at bindledog.com for this get well video!

Tags: ,

2,201 Responses to “Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card”

1. Peter Nelson
    2012/08/22 at 3:06 pm #

Greetings from Western Massachusetts! Everybody misses you and hopes you’re mending well.

I was shaving while listening to your rebroadcast of the Safety Razor Update this morning, and BELIEVE IT OR BELIEVE IT NOT, I managed to slice my face to ribbons. The power of suggestion?

2. walkerp
    2012/08/22 at 7:24 pm #

Hope you are mending well, Larry! We miss you and I grow slightly more concerned each week that you are still hors combat. I sincerely hope that this is all an important part of a slow healing process and that there isn’t something more serious going on here. Even if you can’t come back and do the show, I sincerely hope that you are doing well and happy with your family. You’re a great guy and your philosophy has really made me appreciate my own life more. I’ll be raising a martini for you!

3. Kimberly
    2012/08/23 at 4:47 pm #

Dear Larry & Doc & Colonel, I miss you all. Yesterday I was out for a walk and it was simply a perfect day and I was wishing I had an episode of TWWLM to play but I was fresh out.
    I’m looking forward to your healthy return!

4. Heidi Watson
    2012/08/24 at 1:40 pm #

Are you better yet? How bout now? Can’t wait to hear you saying new funny stuff! Miss you!

5. Joe Kaliski
    2012/08/24 at 6:56 pm #

Boy, you have been out a long time. I hope you are getting all better; mostly for your sake and also somewhat for my sake.

6. Mike Skeffington
    2012/08/24 at 8:36 pm #

Miss you Larry – hope your feeling better and look forward to all your new stories!

7. Tony
    2012/08/24 at 9:53 pm #

Larry, I hope you’re feeling better! Miss your great stories and bits of wisdom and whimsy. Get well soon!

8. Rrrrr
    2012/08/25 at 2:31 pm #

Enough is enough Larry! Get back to the Podcast, you have people to save!

9. Country Maron
    2012/08/27 at 11:55 pm #

You didn’t go skiing again, did you? Get well all ready!

10. David
    2012/08/28 at 1:08 pm #

We still miss you larry

11. Ferg
    2012/08/29 at 4:11 am #

Larry: Will you return for fresh McIntosh apples. I am willing to get them from an orchard in Dundela, Ontario, Canada … the home of the original McIntosh apple tree. The McIntosh is unquestionable the best apple in the world and these ones are the best of the best.

If you feed my Larry Miller habbit, I’ll feed your McIntosh apple habbit. Do we have a deal? Come on Larry, Get back soon.

12. Hugh
    2012/08/30 at 2:02 am #

Great to hear from you again Larry! So happy to know you’re doing well.

13. Hagglet
    2012/08/30 at 5:43 am #

I hope you feel better soon. We miss you.

14. Michael Shashoua
    2012/08/30 at 7:13 am #

Get well soon, Larry!

15. Reds
    2012/08/30 at 12:51 pm #

Miss you, Larry!

16. Jeff
    2012/08/31 at 8:43 pm #

Just wanted to let you know how much I love listening to the show. I hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear about your accident. Pluto most definately is a planet and I sure wish I could order a “Winner” hot dog here in Utah! Get well soon! Thanks for all the wonderful entertaining shows! Jeff.

17. Bluecrab
    2012/08/31 at 10:03 pm #

Just finished 230. and just grabbed a few newer episodes. Heard the news you got bunged up. Wow. Hope that has nothing to do with the number 5. Maybe it should now be:
    #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9, etc. I’m sure you get the reference.

ps I was pleasantly surprised when you popped up in Bobcat’s “God Bless America”.

You know you are a man after most peoples hearts. Thanks for sharing so much.
    GWS! Gene

18. Bryce
    2012/09/01 at 2:50 pm #

I am so looking forward to your return, Larry. Your podcast has become such an important part of my week. Saturday evenings for me are total decompression for an hour with your show. I’ve plowed through all of your old shows a couple of times already. I’m seriously jonesing for some new content! Help a brother out?

19. xpo172
    2012/09/02 at 7:51 pm #

Get well and come back on the air Larry!

20. Corey Jackson
    2012/09/04 at 2:27 pm #

Get well, Larry. Your podcast is a bright spot in a lot of people’s weeks. Thanks so much.

21. Herbert Hodgson
    2012/09/05 at 3:47 am #

Gday Larry,

Just wanted to send my best wishes from the other side of the world, Canberra Australia to be exact. I have been a fan of yours for along time initially in your roll as ‘the guy who steals the show’ in your many movie roles, and later thrilled to hear you along side Adam on the podcast. I listen to many comedy podcasts and you are often referenced by your peers as a pioneer, icon and most commonly as a true gentlemen of your craft.
    Larry I wish you the fullest of recoveries and in good time look forward to hearing you on the podcast again.

Kind regards and best wishes to you and your family!
    Herbert

22. Paul Kirsch
    2012/09/05 at 6:50 pm #

Hiya pal! Get better soon! LMDS Los Angeles Chapter is wishing you a safe return, with faith that your mind is buzzing with a stockpile of stories.

I’ve learned to appreciate any mixed drink with the words “blackberry,” “currant” and “agave” in their description, and in any order. Whatever they serve you is so dark that light can’t escape its depths, though you do have to watch out for the occasional watered-down beverage. In that event, I keep my magical LMDS card handy to flip at the forehead of a passing waitress and shout: “Nominum quid geminus?!” and am promptly escorted out of the establishment.

23. Gerrence George
    2012/09/08 at 12:35 am #

Have a speedy recovery Larry! You are missed. Bout to have a Martini in your honor!

24. Felix Vasquez
    2012/09/10 at 4:12 pm #

We miss you, Larry! Next time I go to the bar I’ll knock a few back for you!

25. Brian
    2012/09/11 at 4:31 am #

Hope Larry and his family are all okay. It’s been so long since we’ve heard his cheery voice, his joke of the week, a razor/hamper update, and his warm and familiar sign-off reminding us that the game is over and we have won. I certainly feel as though I’ve won just by having had the experience of getting to know Larry through his podcasts. I feel very torn over this situation – on the one hand I think that Larry’s fans are very loyal ones, and that we deserve to know at least a little about what’s going on. On the other hand, I respect Larry’s wishes and/or his family’s wishes to keep everything private. Either way, I miss the guy and sincerely hope he returns soon.

26. stephen holmes
    2012/09/11 at 7:45 am #

ok, ok !

you can have the hamper…..as soon as you come back to us.

which we hope is VERY soon for the sake of all of us, including YOU!

it’s been waaaaay tooo long……..

27. Ted
    2012/09/11 at 8:18 am #

Hey Larry,

I just listened to you read Carl Sandburg’s “Chicago” for the fifth or sixth time. It never gets old. That poem may speak to me more then any poem I’ve ever heard or read. Thank you again for it. I hope you are feeling well.

Ted

28. steven
    2012/09/12 at 2:39 pm #

Larry, Hope you are feeling better. I need a fresh Miller fix.

29. Jonas
    2012/09/13 at 8:29 am #

Greetings from Switzerland! Get well quickly please, if you haven’t already! I am going through ‘This Week With Larry Miller’ withdrawal, because rebroadcasts are just not quite as awesome as new ones. Obviously it’s most important that you are well before you start podcasting again, but I am definitely looking forward to when you do again!

30. Hieronymus Fortesque Lickspittle
    2012/09/14 at 1:41 pm #

Get well soon Larry! I heard on David Feldman’s podcast that you recently had your first show after your injury. Best wishes, I’ve enjoyed your comedy from the beginning, which is more damned years ago than I care to remember!

31. lmcast
    2012/09/18 at 9:02 pm #

Working out a return date! Thanks for all of your patience and kind words. It has really meant a lot to Larry. You folks really are the best. — Col. Jeff

32. state your name
    2012/09/19 at 10:36 am #

Didn’t ANYBODY learn anything from Gilligan’s Island? When Larry returns, it might be in the form of his evil alter-ego, brought to the forefront by the head trauma. Before he returns, I think he should hit his head again (nothing violent… maybe just use a rubber chicken), which will cause him to go back into regular Larry mode.

33. C.J.
    2012/09/20 at 12:12 am #

Hey Larry – Here’s to your health, and to your hopefully-imminent return! (Yes, that is two drinks, and this is certainly a double.)

34. ConsiderItDone
    2012/09/21 at 10:06 am #

Larry – we here are thinking about you and are cheering you on as you recover. We wish you and your family the best.

35. Cyndy M
    2012/09/21 at 10:45 am #

Miss your voice, your insight, your big heart.

Please get better soon!

Cyndy

36. Brian cavanaugh
    2012/09/21 at 8:30 pm #

Larry, I am convinced when you get back, you will get a Santa Monica to Epcot answer right! I’m gunning for you. Get well and good luck with rehab. Brian

37. Joe
    2012/09/24 at 12:38 am #

Get back on that horse you old fart!

38. Jim Speer
    2012/09/24 at 1:09 pm #

Dear Larry,

We are still here waiting for your eminent return. I have listened to all of your weekly re-broadcasts. They are as good as gold. We wish you well in your continued recovery. You make our world a better place.

We love you

The Speers in Toledo, Ohio

39. Lauren K from RVA
    2012/09/26 at 7:12 am #

Hi Larry,

I heard of your epic battle with an alien minotaur that saved the world from sure destruction but has left you trapped in a parallel universe where you must recuperate through the drinking of fine gin and the having of (Wife and God approved) affairs with magnanimous amazonian women and I wanted to thank you for your great sacrifice.

That being said: I miss you, and I miss your stories. Hell, I even started reading poetry again. Hoping to have you back you soon. Get well and stay well – Lauren

2012/10/01 at 7:22 pm #

FINALLY, someone got the story right! ;) — Col Jeff

40. Erik
    2012/09/27 at 9:50 am #

Since your accident, I have accepted an invitation from the US Peace Corps. I now live in South Africa. It would really, really, really make it feel like home – at least for the length of one episode per week – to have you back. I hope you are getting well – the podcast world misses you.

Erik

41. Anthony Giudice
    2012/10/01 at 6:04 am #

Mr Miller,

Please get well soon.

I miss my dose of normalcy each week.

Respectfully,

Tony G.

42. Randy
    2012/10/12 at 12:02 pm #

LARRY WHERE ARE YOU? I stopped listening to your show. Because I have already listened to all the old programs. I will continue to check back back and see if you are going to return. Hurry back we miss ya. An Irish Lmds member.

43. Dicey
    2012/10/13 at 8:06 am #

Hurry Up Already…..and get well

Llamar un doble? , Vous appelez cela un doble?, Che si chiana un doppio?, Nazywasz to podwojne?

VOS DICO UT A GEMINUS? The Spanish and Latin translations are said fast enough to catch the bartender before he leaves. But the barkeep is long gone by the time the french and italian guy raises the issue. Finally the polish guy seems lready loaded so why bring it up? And what is up with a polish word that starts with the letters Nazy?

Come Back soon and keeping my day job
    PFD

44. Dicey
    2012/10/13 at 8:15 am #

Hurry Up Already…..and get well

VOS DICO UT A GEMINUS? The Spanish and Latin translations are said fast enough to catch the bartender before he leaves. But the barkeep is long gone by the time the french and italian guy raises the issue. Finally the polish guy seems already loaded so why bring it up? And what is up with a polish word that starts with the letters Nazy?

Come Back soon and keeping my day job
    PFD

45. Chris Higgins
    2012/10/17 at 8:39 am #

We miss you so very much, and hope for your healthy return. I drive a semi truck and listen to your podcast every week. I’ve listened to all your podcasts.

Your stories have made me look at my life differently (in a good way). Your so great to listen to, like i have a new friend. But now this new friend is hurting and i can’t do anything to help ya out. So get better for your family and friends.

I’m sure the dr and col are going bonkers without ya.

thanks alot get well soon.

Chris Higgins
    Sgt USMC Ret

46. Susann
    2012/10/17 at 8:02 pm #

LARRY! I miss you and was thinking about you this a.m., debating whether to throw out a sliver of soap! And I went out this past weekend and hoisted my drink and said “Nominem Quid Geminus!” Get well and come back soon!

47. Mark Schooley
    2012/10/21 at 3:04 pm #

It has been entirely too long since I have heard you tell a new story. You have always been one of my favorite comedians and I love it when you are on the Adam Carolla podcast. I hope that you are feeling well enough to start your podcasts again soon. We all miss you.

48. Allen
    2012/11/09 at 4:03 pm #

Miss you a lot Mr. Miller. I hope you get to feeling better. I miss you on the show…. Any show.. Get well soon.
    Sincerely,
    Allen

49. Chili B
    2012/12/04 at 11:28 pm #

so glad to hear that you are doing well enough to resume your public service podcast in Jan 2013.
    Oh what a great year it will be having you back in my earbuds.

50. tab
    2012/12/05 at 3:18 pm #

My fectas are failing. So, I’m glad to hear you are coming back soon. I hope that as part of your recovery, you’ve been perfecting your technique and can give us all some updated lessons in fectafication.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Larry Update & The Clumsy Coffee Cavalcade Redux | This Week With Larry Miller - 2012/04/10

[...] A Larry update — as some of you have already heard our man Larry, stacker of soap, our fearless (and hairless) leader, defender of Pluto and the great updater took a spill last week. He conked the old noggin pretty good and wound up in the hospital. We’re giving you a Larry Update at the top of this show. Also, feel free to sign Larry’s virtual get well card. [...]

2. Larry Update II (Electric Boogaloo) And Leslie Nielsen, Fart Virtuoso | This Week With Larry Miller - 2012/04/18

[...] An update on Larry’s recouperation and an encore presentation of one of our most beloved episodes! Feel free to sign Larry’s virtual get well card. [...]

3. Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card | This Week With Larry Miller | Ric Rocket Dot Com - 2012/05/18

[...] Larry Miller’s Virtual Get Well Card | This Week With Larry Miller. [...]