Larry Gets a Smell Tattoo

Larry Gets a Smell Tattoo

Larry lifts a line from Leno to explain getting sprayed by a cologne skunk at Macy’s — a smell tattoo. Neither silkwood showers not Irish Spring can liberate Larry from this odious odiferousness.

Play
We also hear about Larry watching “Wrath of Khan” with his family and we have a new segment — the poetry corner! Beatniks and highbrows, rejoice!

Pictured above: Uncle Arnie, from the “Does He Drink Coffee” story!

Quote of the week: “I have gone through an Indiana Jones warehouse full of Old Spice.”

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Larry Gets a Smell Tattoo”

1. Gerard
    2012/03/15 at 8:32 am #

I still am curious what you got Uncle Arnie the year of the music box. Ask Uncle Arnie if he remembers what you got him.

2. Roger Bixley
    2012/03/15 at 11:45 am #

Walter Koenig (Chekov) is still alive and well.

3. big jim
    2012/03/15 at 6:54 pm #

Diggin’ that poets corner, man.
    Be-bop, a cat howlin’ in the alley…
    Do-dop, listenin’ to my main man Larry…

4. Bryan
    2012/03/15 at 10:08 pm #

My daughter worked at macdonalds while she was in high school.
    Her uniform reeked from that place even after washing.

5. Jason
    2012/03/16 at 12:01 pm #

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love your podcast because you speak of life and the things we all notice, but don’t give credence to. I just finished listening to this podcast driving back to work from lunch. As I opened the door to the two story foyer of the building all I could smell was a woman’s perfume. After my initial reaction to the stink I couldn’t help but smile.

Thanks again pal.

Jason in Colorado Springs

PS. Thanks for the poem. I am going to find a book of Robert Louis Stevenson and enjoy. I haven’t read poetry since high school.

6. Zak
    2012/03/17 at 11:02 pm #

An answer to Larry’s soap sliver problems! The five-fecta is a thing of the past

7. Alison
    2012/03/18 at 6:57 am #

My husband listens to Adam Corolla, and recommended Larry’s podcast to me as he tries to get me into podcast listening too. I’ve listened to a couple of the older episodes and will definitely start tuning in for the new shows. You’re doing a great job, Larry! I adore your podcast.

Alison
    Boston, MA

2012/03/20 at 9:30 pm #

Thanks, Alison! — Col. Jeff

8. Scorchie
    2012/03/21 at 3:49 pm #

I’ve been listening to Larry for a while and like his insight into everyday things that we see, don’t take notice but then he helps us realize how absurd it all is. As always I look forward to the future episodes.

p.s. I noticed that this episode received a “CLEAN” tag and also that it has a very high popularity meter on iTunes. I wonder if that’s related since the selection of podcasts without an “EXPLICIT” tag is quite limited… hmm.