Larry Gets a Smell Tattoo

Larry lifts a line from Leno to explain getting sprayed by a cologne skunk at Macy’s — a smell tattoo. Neither silkwood showers not Irish Spring can liberate Larry from this odious odiferousness.

We also hear about Larry watching “Wrath of Khan” with his family and we have a new segment — the poetry corner! Beatniks and highbrows, rejoice!

Pictured above: Uncle Arnie, from the “Does He Drink Coffee” story!

Quote of the week: “I have gone through an Indiana Jones warehouse full of Old Spice.”

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Larry Gets a Smell Tattoo”

1. Gerard
    2012/03/15 at 8:32 am #

I still am curious what you got Uncle Arnie the year of the music box. Ask Uncle Arnie if he remembers what you got him.

2. Roger Bixley
    2012/03/15 at 11:45 am #

Walter Koenig (Chekov) is still alive and well.

3. big jim
    2012/03/15 at 6:54 pm #

Diggin’ that poets corner, man.
    Be-bop, a cat howlin’ in the alley…
    Do-dop, listenin’ to my main man Larry…

4. Bryan
    2012/03/15 at 10:08 pm #

My daughter worked at macdonalds while she was in high school.
    Her uniform reeked from that place even after washing.

5. Jason
    2012/03/16 at 12:01 pm #

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love your podcast because you speak of life and the things we all notice, but don’t give credence to. I just finished listening to this podcast driving back to work from lunch. As I opened the door to the two story foyer of the building all I could smell was a woman’s perfume. After my initial reaction to the stink I couldn’t help but smile.

Thanks again pal.

Jason in Colorado Springs

PS. Thanks for the poem. I am going to find a book of Robert Louis Stevenson and enjoy. I haven’t read poetry since high school.

6. Zak
    2012/03/17 at 11:02 pm #

An answer to Larry’s soap sliver problems! The five-fecta is a thing of the past

7. Alison
    2012/03/18 at 6:57 am #

My husband listens to Adam Corolla, and recommended Larry’s podcast to me as he tries to get me into podcast listening too. I’ve listened to a couple of the older episodes and will definitely start tuning in for the new shows. You’re doing a great job, Larry! I adore your podcast.

Alison
    Boston, MA

2012/03/20 at 9:30 pm #

Thanks, Alison! — Col. Jeff

8. Scorchie
    2012/03/21 at 3:49 pm #

I’ve been listening to Larry for a while and like his insight into everyday things that we see, don’t take notice but then he helps us realize how absurd it all is. As always I look forward to the future episodes.

p.s. I noticed that this episode received a “CLEAN” tag and also that it has a very high popularity meter on iTunes. I wonder if that’s related since the selection of podcasts without an “EXPLICIT” tag is quite limited… hmm.