3 Kinds of People That Walk in LA

Three kinds of people walk in LA. And courtesy of a dead car battery, Larry becomes one of them and fails to conquer time.

Then Larry tells of his longing for McClure’s pickles and of hinge abuses around his house during possibly his most rambunctious hamper update ever.

A John Carradine AND a David Carradine reference in one episode? Plus Larry gets the website address right for 3 weeks in a row? Plus, this is our longest episode ever by 46 whole seconds! You’re welcome! (This IS a half-hour show, you know.)

Pinch yourself. You may be dreaming.

Quote of the week: “It’s just as good as the pickle story.”

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “3 Kinds of People That Walk in LA”

1. Brian Bishop
    2012/02/22 at 10:28 am #

Larry, Colonel & Doc!

I just found your podcast today and LOVE it. I am a huge fan of Larry (6’3″ 450lbs.) and would love to become a member of the Society! What do I have to do to get signed up and get my card in 2017!

Warmest Regards,

Brian Bishop
    Middle Grove, NY

• Brian Bishop
      2012/02/22 at 10:31 am #

Found it! Looking forward to getting my card!

• Gerard
      2012/02/23 at 7:46 am #

If you just discovered his podcast, listen to this early one

Episodes – October 12, 2010 – 20 Comments
      Mom, Meet Hooker. Hooker, Mom.

Its hilarious.

• Lisa
      2012/02/26 at 11:37 am #

You have to listen to the Hey Fatso episode too. It epitomizes Larry. Even my 16 yr old son was entranced.

2. Joel
    2012/02/22 at 10:46 am #

So where is this “Quik Pizza” you have been plugging so copiously on your podcast. I could go for a slice…

MobileJoel
    Somewhere in Los Angeles….

3. bmfc1
    2012/02/23 at 6:56 am #

The more-Jewish punchline to the “Joke of the Week” is “That’s the other Temple. We hate them.”

4. Gerard
    2012/02/23 at 7:38 am #

The answer to the question “Do these jeans make me look fat” is:
    Don’t blame the jeans.

5. LarryE
    2012/02/23 at 8:58 am #

“I’m sure Bill Gates buys nice things…”
    Boy, howdy. (I think I used that expression correctly.) I read once that Bill Gates’ guard shack cost $86,000. Though they didn’t call it a guard “shack.” I think they called it his “guard house,” which makes it sound like the guards are in jail. But anyway, his guard shack cost more than my house.

6. Andy90
    2012/02/23 at 12:43 pm #

Excellent episode. I always think the truth is best when talking to the spouse. Once you start avoiding or shading the truth, then soon you’ll be unable to say anything without scrutinizing it first for discrepancies compared to the lies of yesteryear – or yestermonth, etc. It’s a slippery slope!

7. donewithidiots
    2012/02/27 at 3:42 pm #

Love this stuff. And the introduction to the IMPORTANT hamper update is really appropriate. Great people struggle with OTHERS mediocrity every day, sir.lol

8. MBS
    2012/02/27 at 5:18 pm #

Another great episode. I actually discovered McClure’s pickles about a year ago and they are the best pickles I’ve ever had. They also make a nice bloody mary mix…

9. Jeff
    2012/02/28 at 12:29 pm #

Just got my LMSD card, thanks guys!..great episode Larry I liked the story about Don who helped you put your battery in; good for Auto Zone keeping him on the job. BTW, I suggest for next Christmas that Larry ask for jumper cables as a present..keep up the great work.

10. Gohkietrhee.Wordpress.Com
    2014/07/29 at 8:18 am #

It’s just a very helpful little bit of facts. I’m delighted which you simply contributed this convenient details with us. You should stop us up to date this way. We appreciate you revealing.