Larry’s Really Good Episode

Larry talks about spending an involuntary vacation in the snow. Plus, we hear about his search for really good beef jerky, really good pistachios and really good martini olives.

Then Larry welcomes the new year, but not for too long. That’s enough. And Larry teases us with the possible existence of an eightfecta, possibly to be known colloquially as the octafecta?

We also have a long overdue and very serious hamper update. And a joke of the week? And a safety razor update? That’s our update update.

Quote of the week: “What are you gonna do on the 4th? Read the Declaration of Independence?”

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “Larry’s Really Good Episode”

1. LarryE
    2012/01/04 at 9:34 am #

All is quiet on the hamper front… That’s good news. But the price of hamper happiness is eternal vigilance, and sorting the whites from the colors yourself.

The hamper sort of seems like history in microcosm.

2. Huh?
    2012/01/04 at 6:25 pm #

Anyone else notice that Larry is wearing 3 shirts, (two of which are button-ups)? It’s southern California!

• DubipR
      2012/01/05 at 9:42 am #

Considering it was close to 85 here in Hollywood, I too find that a bit off. But Larry’s the man! He can pull off the Tri-Shirta.

3. stnuntrnd
    2012/01/06 at 3:00 pm #

Just color code your hampers, and laundry sorting problem is solved.
    Buy a white hamper and put it next to the dark brown hamper,
    so becomes obvious which hamper is for which type of laundry.

4. guest
    2012/01/07 at 12:52 pm #

Asta (Astra?) blades are horrible, tear the skin right off. I had terrible luck with the Gillette ones, also. I only use Wilkinson Sword blades now, although I’d settle for a Dorco or a Lord or a Merkur blade if I had to.

If you have any Wilkinson Sword blades in that sample pack, I highly recommend them.

5. Paul
    2012/01/07 at 6:38 pm #

Great pod Larry! But what’s up with “need a new arm”? That was a little weird. My ears perked up like a dog that hears the can opener whirring

6. Robin
    2012/01/18 at 2:13 pm #

We go to Gus’s every time we go to Mammoth – We have only met Gus once. He hangs in Arizona – where he actully makes his jerky. My kids are convinced his Jerky is the best. His method works!