A Yearly Annual Holiday Tradition Begins

Larry starts a new holiday tradition with the retelling of his favorite holiday-related story, colloquially known as “Does He Drink Coffee?” Like a visit from an old friend, it’s great to hear this story re-told.

Plus, we have a visit from our old friends The Joke of the Week (not-so-naughty) and the Safety Razor Update (absolutely nice).

From Larry Miller, Colonel Jeff Fox and Dr. Chris Laxamana, we thank you for being here with us. It means the world to us. Let’s all take the yoke off, if only for a few days. We’ll see you in the new year.

Quote of the week: “What about the flap steak?”

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “A Yearly Annual Holiday Tradition Begins”

1. Sloozen
    2011/12/27 at 6:35 pm #

great show larry!

2. DELTA16
    2011/12/27 at 10:39 pm #

yearly and annual are the same thing

was this oxymoron intentional?

• gdw3
      2012/02/25 at 2:13 pm #

Uh, yeah, I think he gets the joke….

BTW, not an oxymoron, but redundant…..

3. Gerard
    2011/12/28 at 6:13 am #

If it is a musical question, shouldn’t it be sung.

4. LarryE
    2011/12/28 at 9:18 am #

I like the “Does he drink coffee” or “Are we clean” story.

It just shows you — commerce is not just all about commerce. Sometimes it’s about human interaction, meeting heart-to-heart, becoming part of one another’s lives. It’s kind of, “You’re from here, and I’m from another part of the world, but we see eye to eye and heart to heart on this little project.” As Larry says, that IS what life is about.

5. stnuntrnd
    2011/12/29 at 8:46 am #

How widespread is the expression “to go clean”?

6. Ryno Ceros
    2012/01/02 at 6:05 am #

Really love this story – glad you’ve told it again; I think this version is even better than the first time Larry told it.

7. Michael from Illinois
    2012/01/09 at 2:34 pm #

Since I discovered your podcast in the Fall of 2010, I have listened to at least one of your episodes almost everyday that I work. As of 1/9/12, I am almost caught with each and every one of your fine episodes. I plan to download the first episode of “This with Larry Miller” in the near future and start all over again with 30 minutes of genuine, American entertainment.
    With many thanks,
    Homer is Homer AND Pluto is a planet.
    Q: Is your martini glass half empty or half full?
    A: It doesn’t matter!; just as long as there is something in it..

signed,
    Michael from Illinois

• Michael from Illinois
      2012/01/09 at 2:41 pm #

Dear LMDS,

As you well know I incorrectly stated the appropriate year in which I began listening to this program in my previous post. Is it no wonder I can’t pass the LMDS bar exam?
      I am almost but not fairly certain that began listening to this program in Oct. of 2011……OR
      mid-summer 1943.

8. gdw3
    2012/02/25 at 2:14 pm #

A little late to the party, but I love that you mention “Forbidden Planet”! My favorite sci-fi ever! Lesley Neilson was great.