Absinthe Makes The Heart Go Wander

“The theme of this show is all about throwing things up,” says Larry. Well, yes and no. On a completely unrelated note, the Upland chapter of the LMDS checks in, sharing an absinthe-based drink recipe. We ruminate, confab and otherwise mull over what exactly absinthe is and ain’t.

Also in this episode, Larry is a world-class “opener and closer of things” and isn’t shy about admitting it. He once again expresses disgust and general loathing for the metric system. Who’s with us? Burma? Liberia? Anyone else? You’ll all come crawling back someday!

And just when you thought there would be no more hamper updates, intrigue and suspense ensue! What’s the future of Larry’s fourfecta? Will it break? Will it go to five? Will it go on tour? Tune in to find out!

Quote of the week:

“Once you start talking like Foghorn Leghorn, you really can’t stop.” (Selected by a quorum of LMDS Members.)

Get your very own Larry Miller Drinking Society card by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:

Larry Miller Drinking Society
    c/o ACE Broadcasting
    10061 Riverside Dr. #276
    Toluca Lake, CA 91602 USA

Audio Engineer: Dr. Chris Laxamana
Web Engineer: Dr. Professor Sandy Ganz

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Absinthe Makes The Heart Go Wander”

1. Burbank Arnie
    2011/10/19 at 10:10 am #

ALERT STOP ALERT STOP

MP3 download has incorrect file from last week STOP

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

2011/10/19 at 11:36 am #

Fixed! Sorry! I blame the absinthe!

2. The Offender
    2011/10/19 at 10:38 am #

Any good drinker has many stories of vomit.

3. denise tutwiler
    2011/10/19 at 10:39 am #

This is last week’s podcast!!! :(

2011/10/19 at 11:36 am #

Fixed! Sorry. I still blame the absinthe!

• denise tutwiler
      2011/10/19 at 12:32 pm #

Quick fix. Thanks:)

2011/10/19 at 12:44 pm #

Sorry. I blame the beer-boiled smoked sausages.

4. Flatulator
    2011/10/19 at 10:51 am #

I love degree to which Larry promotes binge drinking. It’s a refreshing change from all of the retards harping about moderation.

• Sean
      2011/10/21 at 11:17 am #

Aren’t you the one Alison Rosen cried about? Booooo!

5. JessMan
    2011/10/19 at 12:07 pm #

got the correct one off itunes this morning. drink on!

6. Grant Young
    2011/10/19 at 12:18 pm #

Hey, how can I get last week’s podcast? I tried downloading this week’s and got this week’s. What’s the deal with that?

2011/10/19 at 12:43 pm #

Is someone being a wisenheimer?

• Sean
        2011/10/21 at 11:20 am #

Somehow, i got next week’s podcast.

7. stnuntrnd
    2011/10/20 at 11:28 am #

Larry, it really is not stealing. You are saving the earth by taking the soap home and using it.

8. state your name
    2011/10/20 at 12:47 pm #

I’m late making this comment, but it’s very important, so here goes. During last week’s show, Larry was talking about the deluxe bar of soap that he got at a Disney hotel in Orlando about six years ago. He mentioned that he had photographed it, and that he had posted the photos here on the site. Naturally, I was interested in seeing the soap, but I wouldn’t say I was terribly excited about it. But when Larry pointed out that one of the photos showed the soap sitting atop the NEW HAMPER, I sprung into action immediately, without even the slightest pause to think about it, and grabbed my mouse and scrolled down the page looking for the hamper photo. I was EXCITED to see Larry’s hamper! When I found the photo, I stared at it for a few seconds, and thought to myself… “That’s a nice hamper”. Then I paused and thought to myself… “What is WRONG with me?”

• Brian Daub
      2011/10/26 at 6:31 pm #

Nothing at all is wrong with you. Soap isn’t my thing….neither are hampers, but when Larry put up on Facebook pictures of them together, well, I was clicking just like you.

I think in a few months we’ll all be going to get one of those hampers and melding soap in our spare time!

Thanks Larry!

2011/11/01 at 8:48 pm #

The real question is what’s right about you? Answer: everything. — JF

• Mrs. Fuller
      2011/12/03 at 9:13 am #

DITTO – and then I started thinking – we need a hamper… Stopped myself as I reached for the car keys.

It makes me so happy and mellow – it’s as good as a cocktail – better with. :0)

9. TheyAlwaysJump
    2011/10/21 at 8:21 am #

That story of the unfortunate motorist was equal parts entertaining and depressing. Although it did remind me of a time in college when I ended up sick and barefoot. I was spending the night at a young lady’s house after a night of over-imbibing and awoke in the morning to find that I had apparently leaned out of bed in the middle of night, thrown up on the floor…and my shoes, then passed out again. I had to walk home barefoot in the morning, and not only did I earn the scorn of that particular young lady, but also got dirty looks from her roommates the rest of the year. But at least I didn’t have to go to the clink!

10. Sean
    2011/10/21 at 11:22 am #

OK, I have a question… Is anyone else getitng an ad for help with drug addition on the right side of their page? Either an awesome indicator of Larry’s fan base or a serious personal issue I should be looking into.

• Brian Daub
      2011/10/26 at 6:28 pm #

Now the ad says Stop Drinking Now! but the top one could be for this podcast as well….Drinking Alcohol Help….I think Mr. Miller could be our sponsor!

11. LarryE
    2011/10/21 at 11:37 am #

What robbers say: Larry mentioned “Stick ‘em up” and “Reach for the sky.”

I think it was Humphry Bogart I heard say, in one movie, “Heist ‘em!” — meaning, “Hoist ‘em” (raise the hands). Thus the word “heist” for a stick-up.

12. ciga-Rhett
    2011/10/24 at 8:29 am #

I’m tired of hearing about jerk cops hassling tax-paying citizens out having a little fun. Clearly it was 4 bored cops on a Thursday night with nothing better to do. Adam Carolla has it right when he complains.
    Nice work boys, the next round is on me.
    No, wait, it isn’t.

13. Joey
    2011/10/25 at 4:29 pm #

The police are bought and paid for by the government and corporations. Look at how the police are treating peaceful protesters. All they care about is revenue to the city insure that their fat pensions are still paid for. (In San Jose, after 25 years, they get their pay for life . . . which is upwards of $120K a year. Larry, do you get that deal?)

14. drinkig with friends all night
    2011/10/27 at 11:35 pm #

Will you please do your bit on the levels of drunkeness that ppl go thru while drinking all night. I once saw you do it on Short attention span theater. It was part of your stand up routine….

Greg

15. DIODE25
    2011/11/22 at 10:31 pm #

If you like absinthe try a real brand:

Veux Pontarlier from Emile Pernot