The TSA Took My Toothpaste Away

The TSA nabs a full tube of Larry’s toothpaste and then gets grabby with him. But Larry is compliant, if not soft and pliant.

Also in this episode, Larry continues his love affair with newspapers and the ink-stained wretches that write them. And speaking of news, a chapter of the Larry Miller Drinking Society makes the paper, and not even in the local crime blotter, if you can believe that!

Then we hear about tough German helmets, worn by tough guys on not-so-tough bikes. Also, Larry talks about how sometimes he like memories better than he likes photos. And here’s an update on the hamper update… this episode does contain another hamper update!

And so ends the second TWWLM with a punk song rock-inspired show title. Which is probably two more than anyone ever expected.

Quote of the week:

“She has not found one that satisfies whatever the conditions are.”

Get your very own Larry Miller Drinking Society card by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:

Larry Miller Drinking Society
    c/o ACE Broadcasting
    10061 Riverside Dr. #276
    Toluca Lake, CA 91602 USA

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Tags: , , ,

13 Responses to “The TSA Took My Toothpaste Away”

1. Unclewoo
    2011/08/24 at 1:59 pm #

Larry. I have started a facebook campaign in my town to start a local chapter, and I’m sure others are doing the same.

2. LarryE
    2011/08/24 at 6:36 pm #

That pointed German helmet is a “pickelhaube” — so it sounds as funny as it looks.

Larry made a very astute guess, when he said maybe the helmet’s point was decorative, like a feather plume. Wikipedia says the point was originally designed for holding a horsehair plume.

Wouldn’t you feel silly with a horse’s tail (pony tail) hanging down your back?

3. big jim
    2011/08/24 at 7:42 pm #

The gospel of the LMDS has spread to the heights of Yosemite! God bless America!
    Also, I made a pretty good ‘guy salad’ today: lettuce, cucumber, onions, peppers, and some leftover steak. Added a little salt, some olive oil, and boom! The perfect 2-minute supper.

4. The Offender
    2011/08/25 at 1:55 am #

They took my toothpaste too man. I want it back.

5. matt
    2011/08/26 at 7:57 am #

My proposal for the Larry Miller Drinking Society secret handshake…..

6. South Philly Paul
    2011/08/26 at 9:07 am #

hi larry,
    ur story about the dirty window business reminded me of a misspelled sign that was posted in a dry cleaners i worked in many moons ago.
    it read “professional aterations” instead of alterations. the sign was never redone or taken down

7. Dave Giaimo
    2011/08/26 at 2:22 pm #

I used to frequent a lovely Korean-owned vegetable market when I lived in Hoboken, NJ. They always had a fresh supply of (aptly-labeled) “Brocorri” and in summer, they often had “Cron on Cob” as well. Ha! Engrish…

8. Dan Mathewson
    2011/08/27 at 11:13 pm #

I enjoy your podcast. I saw the article in the ticket section of the SLO Tribune. One small criticism. Luis is pronounced with the is.

9. Andy90
    2011/08/29 at 7:37 am #

Great stuff. The guy on the 250 riff was terrific.

10. Griselda Jandris
    2012/12/17 at 2:57 am #

As soon as I found this internet internet site I went on reddit to share some with the really like with them.

11. Jaime Mente
    2012/12/17 at 11:53 am #

Greetings! Quick question that’s completely off subject. Do you know how to make your website mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I’m trying to uncover a template or plugin that may well be able to correct this problem. In case you have any suggestions, please share. With thanks!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Critical Creig » This Week With Larry Miller Mentioned Me by Name - 2011/08/26

[…] This Week With Larry Miller Mentioned Me by Name […]