The Tao of Larry

Is this episode your path to total spiritual enlightenment? Legally, we can’t say yes, so, let’s just say more than likely. Consider the following zen koans presented in this week’s episode. Is a yogurt maker still a yogurt maker if it has never been used to make yogurt? And what is the sound of two pears not ripening? Yes, grasshopper, only when the boozehound is ready will the bartender appear.

And remember, nobody likes a narc. What happens on the podcast stays on the podcast. Don’t rat Larry out to his wife! So, they don’t have a hamper yet. Big deal! And ick-snay on the eye-ay ows-bray! Not to mention the ani-may edi-pay!

But enough of that alarkey-may. Also learn why people enjoy eating lunch so much and how to not make your own carbonated water.

Get your very own Larry Miller Drinking Society card by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:

Larry Miller Drinking Society
    c/o ACE Broadcasting
    10061 Riverside Dr. #276
    Toluca Lake, CA 91602 USA

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “The Tao of Larry”

1. David
    2011/08/10 at 10:40 am #

Great show! Was the pear wax? :)

2. Flatulator
    2011/08/10 at 11:56 am #

Larry, this may not be your style, but you could use that carbonated water in a wet t-shirt contest between your wife and Susan.

3. bigbrew4u
    2011/08/10 at 12:49 pm #

Buy your Albanian soda where?

Rowfs.

2011/08/10 at 4:50 pm #

Ha! Rowfs. Rowfs. Rowfs. Rowfs.

4. Dola
    2011/08/10 at 5:13 pm #

Dear Larry,

You respect and love me, as I respect and love you. Please do not do interviews. Don’t change the “p-cast” I love the old timey radio show feel.

Love,

Dola

5. The Offender
    2011/08/10 at 10:10 pm #

I thought every week we got a bit of the Tao of Larry.

6. Brian Daub
    2011/08/11 at 2:09 am #

No quote of the week?

2011/08/16 at 6:08 pm #

The quote of the week is on vacation in Trinidad.

7. toorude89
    2011/08/11 at 5:36 am #

Love the show Larry!

But…
    You told the same drink by the fire story for your wife having broken/lost your favorite cup/mug? Makes me wonder if these stories are all true like you say…I want to believe, Larry!

Love the show, love the show, it’s only once a week though so careful on the overlap.

• Cosmo
      2011/08/13 at 8:58 am #

Agreed

8. stnuntrnd
    2011/08/11 at 12:16 pm #

Pear ripening: put pears in a paper bag with a banana. and close the bag.
    When is pear ripe?
    Apply thumb to pear just below the stem end. If yields to gentle pressure, pear is ready.

2011/08/11 at 12:37 pm #

Assuming they’re not plastic.

9. sreve
    2011/08/12 at 10:13 pm #

Larry I love the bands that you feature on the show. Have you ever considered Happy Kine and the Mirthmakers?

10. Paul
    2011/08/13 at 8:24 am #

The hamper story is sooo… funny. But Larry, isn’t it easier to talk
    directly to your wife instead of having your listeners convey your
    message that your too chicken to mention to her?
    aww..just goofin’ on ya!
    love the show

11. big jim
    2011/08/15 at 6:57 am #

I agree on the ix-nay on the interviews, but how about an old time detective program? Could call it the Adventures of Larry Miller, PI. Episode ideas:
    The Case of the Missing Higgins Report
    Midnight Murder at Rawfs
    Hot Sauce and Hot Dames
    Who Drank All the Bourbon

2011/08/16 at 2:43 pm #

Very funny, Jim!

12. Brad
    2011/08/23 at 12:39 pm #

I sent a self addressed stamped enevelope atleast a month ago maybe more? How long do they take to get back to me? Anxiously waiting for my membership card privaleges.

13. Matthew
    2011/10/03 at 3:25 pm #

Larry, give the SodaClub a chance. The syrups are very much bad. All of them. So very bad. And don’t get me started on what SodaClub calls “tonic.” It’s gross. But not having to lug seltzer around is a great luxury. I guess that part of why I like the thing so much is that I live in NYC where we (for the most part) are generally carrying our groceries home rather than driving. But even still, it’s pretty great to be able to add some soda to your whiskey and not then suddenly realize you don’t have any soda. The trick is finding a store that stocks the recharge canisters – otherwise you’re supposed to send them off UPS (which is just dumb). I was sure when we got the device it would be another of those stupid things to get rid of, but now I use it almost every day and have done so for years. Coming home and drinking water – – BAH, who needs it! But drinking a big tumbler or two of seltzer – – HOORAY! And less headaches in the morning for all that extra re-hydration. End-to-end brilliance! Besides, as a smaller company they are MUCH more likely to advertise with you than Coca-Cola.