I Think Your Pants Are On Fire

Don’t lie to Larry Miller. He doesn’t like it. Whether you’re a politician, painter, shoe salesman, flooring installer or closet salesperson, please just knock it off already.

On this show, Larry talks about the long list of liars he’s encountered over the years and how creeped out he is by the ease with which they spin their prevarications.

Larry once again attests that he and other show business types are not the real maniacs of our society. Although he does admit to being a lunatic — for propriety!

Do you think miracles don’t happen in our modern age? Well, listen in and hear how St. Ernestine (the patron saint of misdialed calls) gives Larry a chance to pull the fat out of the fire. After all, good babysitters are hard to find.

Quote of the week:

“I’m sorry, but I think YOU’RE A LIAR!”

Vocabulary builder:

Prevarication — noun — an untrue statement, which is most commonly used when you’ve already said “lie” 20 times in an episode description.

Get your very own Larry Miller Drinking Society card by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:

Larry Miller Drinking Society
c/o ACE Broadcasting
10061 Riverside Dr. #276
Toluca Lake, CA 91602

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “I Think Your Pants Are On Fire”

1. big jim
    2011/06/23 at 4:53 am #

I dig these show summaries the most. Good job, Matt!

2. Grape Ape
    2011/06/23 at 11:11 am #

Im drinking right now and I’m at work. you should have a shot or four during the show. I will be sending my self address envelope for one of those cards. Keep up the good work and the cheap boose down. Luke

3. Colt Shackleford
    2011/06/25 at 7:50 pm #

OMG OMG OMG OMG HE SAID MY NAME!
    And I asked a musical question!I hit rewind about 10 times in a row.
    Thanks Larry!
    BEST DAY EVER!
    Well It’s all downhill from here.
    Cheers!

2011/06/26 at 8:14 pm #

That’s what we try to do — make your life peak!

4. Steve
    2011/06/26 at 10:47 am #

Larry: You are the best! Your greatest podcast to date. I know this does not mean much but you are the one celebrity (perhaps Adam as well…) I would want to meet just to shake your hand and say hello. I feel you and I are the same when it comes to what was discussed by you in this podcast… You are such a good person and I have more respect for that than anything else in life!

5. Jim
    2011/06/26 at 12:38 pm #

She spat out one word. Two syllables and the last one was “hole”. I love it!! A rated R show wearing a PG13 jacket. Larry you are a genius. I’m going to buy some hot sauce hopefully on Amazon right now. Thanks Mr. Miller and Ace broadcasting for another gem.

6. Jim N
    2011/06/26 at 11:32 pm #

Great episode! Liars suck.

7. Spike
    2011/06/28 at 9:50 am #

I bring you up using the Adam Carolla link. Does that mean if I link to amazon from here, your show doesn’t get the reward? If you do get the reward from the Adam link, why do you always tell folks to go to the Larry Miller “ace” link first? I liked your interview on Marc Maron. Why don’t you interview folks?

2011/06/28 at 6:34 pm #

There is no interesting answer to this question, but here goes — acelarrymiller.com is just a “shortcut” web address that will bring you here, to our show’s official page, which is a part of adamcarolla.com. (Bored yet?) When you click on the banner from our show’s page, our show gets the credit. Thanks! — Jeff

8. John G
    2011/06/28 at 10:42 am #

Cross post… Check Larry at WTF with Marc Maron podcast. wtfpod.libsyn.com

Can’t get enough Larry. And Marc’s no slacker either. You’re welcome.

2011/06/28 at 6:35 pm #

Thanks in advance. Whoops, too late. But you are too kind. Marc did a great job. — Jeff

9. Jack
    2011/07/01 at 8:43 pm #

Glad to hear you stuck to your guns Larry. Usually people back down at the first stonewall even when they are right. I agree, it’s not an easy going way to live life and my wife and I don’t want to subscribe to such a “loaded” way to live. But once in a while we get tired of giving people a ‘free pass’. So strange that ours is a world where we become the ass when pointing out the fact that the other person did an A-Hole thing to begin with.

Case in point, we hate it when using self checkout at Costco and someone decides to scan their items when we are still gathering our items at the end of the conveyor belt into our cart. I personally extend a courtesy to others and allow them to fully check out and load the cart before sending my items down. Sometimes, we have to remind ourselves, “checking out at Costco, ok, no free passes now” Someone sends down their items, and I load them into my cart as if they were mine. “Oh, I’m sorry I wasn’t F’n done yet. I thought these were my peaches!!”

Second point, I’ve learned the value of the ‘body block’. Again, not a relaxed way to live. But sometimes the best thing to do with minimal flare ups is the ‘body block’. When someone crowds you at any checkout counter – breathing down your neck. You want to say something like, “Hey, give me my personal space!” Instead, without looking at them or even looking anywhere else but at what your are doing, step back and to the side so you are now encroaching on their personal space in a manner as if you have no idea anyone is there. The tables are turned.

Not our general disposition on life, but sometimes you do need to employ tactics to stick up for ourselves.

10. Drinking@Joes
    2011/07/11 at 5:50 am #

Asking the musical question, “Who’s shooting at me?”