You Could’ve Had Lunch With Taboo!

Larry gets grief for passing up lunch with one of the Black Eyed Peas to have lunch with his wife. The catch? His wife was the one giving him grief.

Show Summary

Our host likes to go with the long odds and he once again rolls the dice that there will be any decent food at the ACE studios — and once again loses. He succumbs one more time to passably edible items at the shop, eating ramen noodles for the first time EVER. A million grams of salt later, he moves on to pie. (Please be polite and feign surprise.)

Then Larry talks about his very, very few run-ins with pot. One time led to him eating an entire stick of butter or possibly an entire onion. Or was it both? Tune in and find out!

Learn what a mint julep is and why ruining perfectly good bourbon has to be a part of it. We also get a brief primer on the champagne to whiskey conversion rate.

Please do not panic. The RMS Lusitania has been sunk. Calmly barricade yourself in the root cellar with a diseased box of crackers and leave your thoughts outside.

Quote of the week:

“I think they spell cracker with a silent P.”

Visit out our new advertiser, the fantasty sports website draftstreet.com. Enter the code LARRY to get a $30 deposit bonus when you sign up!

Producer: Jeff “Mr. Helpful” Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Image Gallery

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “You Could’ve Had Lunch With Taboo!”

1. big jim
    2011/05/18 at 5:54 pm #

First time having ramen, Mr. Miller? Congrats, sir! It’s classic guy food. But next time, go for the fancy dry stuff where you have to boil up a pot of water and toss it in, like spaghetti. Empty in the flavor pack, let it boil for a couple of minutes, drain, serve in a bowl, fix a drink…well, that’s all you need, friend. Crack open a book, toss on the robe…shoot, I’m rambling here. I’ll just say that a guy doesn’t need much more than that.

• Aristotlet
      2011/05/26 at 9:44 am #

If you want to be top shelf, add an egg to the dry ramen. Now that is fine dining.

2. TheyAlwaysJump
    2011/05/19 at 5:31 am #

For shame, Larry. The Kentucky Derby is held in Louisville, not Lexington. However, I’ll excuse that oversight since you are completely right about mint juleps ruining a nice glass of bourbon. The only thing you should mix with bourbon is ice…maybe.
    Thank you for advancing the notion of giving a proper bottle of booze as a gift instead of the token champagne. When was the last time someone came home from a hard day of work and poured themselves a flute of the bubbly?

3. Another Guy from Wisconsin
    2011/05/19 at 12:07 pm #

“People Were Mold!”

4. Bishop Brady
    2011/05/19 at 2:59 pm #

and not in the biblical way! Hey, that was pretty good.

You’re right Larry…a knee slapper. That’s why they pay you the big (oh never mind). Consider yourself raptured…on Saturday.

5. Paul
    2011/05/19 at 3:43 pm #

“Crackers that don’t even crack any more” Can you actually still call them crackers?

6. Daniel
    2011/05/19 at 3:44 pm #

Larry rocks, I wish Larry could win hypothetical question just once. I support you every time.

7. Matt in NH
    2011/05/19 at 5:07 pm #

12 crackers… that BEND. Now that’s funny stuff.

2011/05/20 at 3:47 pm #

They were like Salvador Dali’s crackers.

8. John Hails
    2011/05/20 at 12:01 pm #

Larry, once again another great show.

9. captain ham
    2011/05/20 at 12:10 pm #

I’m gonna send you nine pies.

10. James
    2011/05/24 at 2:30 pm #

Not Larry.

11. Andy90
    2011/05/25 at 9:40 am #

Is there anyone Larry doesn’t get on with? It’s like he’s the charasmatic Zelig – he knows everyone, and they all like him.

12. UMass Dameshek
    2011/05/25 at 3:57 pm #

Larry Miller was at Amherst College a few years before I was down the street at UMass. Love all of his college stories. It is funny that a guy like Carolla could have two friends (Miller and Dr Drew)from the prestigious Amherst College. LMDS RULES!!!!!

13. Matt B.
    2011/05/30 at 11:42 am #

Larry, as founder of the LMDS, you should know more about bourbon. It’s a myth that bourbon has to come from Bourbon County, KY (which currently has no distilleries). In fact the name came about when all of present day Kentucky was part of Bourbon County, Virginia.

All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.
    Bourbon must be made in the USA. From a mash of at least 51% corn. Must be aged in new, charred, white oak barrels. Distilled at no more than 80% ABV. Barreled at no more than 62.5% ABV. If aged 2 years or more, can be called straight. Nothing may be added except water to adjust final proof.

Early Times is Kentucky whiskey (used barrels)
    Jack Daniels is Tennessee whiskey (filtered thru sugar-maple charcoal before aging)

See: http://law.justia.com/cfr/title27/27-1.0.1.1.3.3.25.2.html
    for the complete legalese.

14. walkerp
    2011/05/30 at 6:03 pm #

Larry, you were just killing it this episode. So many little gems. I was cracking up the whole way through. This would be the episode I would use to introduce people to your own brand of humble genius.

15. Shayne
    2011/06/24 at 12:42 pm #

Great show by the great Larry Miller. I really think this podcast could become MASSIVE. Larry has such a great clean sense of humor and comedy that I really think would appeal to all those who probably DON’T know what a podcast is…

I’ve got older family members and I’ve been thinking that an amazing gift would be a mp3 player with this show loaded on for them.

16. SenorMysterioso
    2011/07/31 at 1:08 am #

Wonderful!

I was laughing from start to finish.

17. kentucky derby
    2012/05/06 at 12:00 am #

I do accept as true with all the ideas you have offered on your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for novices. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

18. organic seo company india
    2012/06/06 at 1:53 pm #

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really one thing that I think I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very wide for me. I am looking forward for your subsequent submit, I’ll try to get the cling of it!