A Run-In With Keith Richards

Larry gets murdered (on screen) and meets a rock icon all in one episode!

Show Summary

Hear Larry describe running into Keith Richards in an airport, after eyeballing his wife. Is Keith Richards the coolest guy ever? Possibly, but you’ll have to listen to find out for sure.

Then Larry talks about his role in the new Bobcat Goldthwait movie and goes into great detail regarding the craft of being killed onscreen. Wait, are you supposed to say “spolier alert” BEFORE or AFTER you say stuff like that? We’ll look into that. At any rate, Larry talks about some of his favorite movie deaths and why he thinks they are so great, mentioning Ghost, Hunt for Red October and what’s that James Bond film? Oh, OCTOPUSSY!

Are you a (ahem) “friend of the show?” Or do you know Joe? Well, come right in, pal. Meet this week’s fictional guests (none of whom actually appear in the studio) Senator Claghorn, Duncan “Sticks” Wimpress and, of course, OCTOPUSSY!

Quote of the week:

“Boy, now I’m, like, REALLY dead!”

Visit out our new advertiser, the fantasy sports website draftstreet.com. Enter the code LARRY to get a $30 deposit bonus when you sign up!

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “A Run-In With Keith Richards”

1. Hot Nikks
    2011/05/12 at 7:22 am #

Great show, please let Jeff Fox on the air, he was really funny on the Fudge Factory.

2011/05/16 at 3:46 pm #

The show’s producer won’t let him on the air.

2. TheyAlwaysJump
    2011/05/12 at 8:29 am #

Great Keith Richards story, Larry. I’ll be sure to work “How’s your life” into my daily repetoire, right after I marry a supermodel.

3. JessMan
    2011/05/12 at 8:59 am #

iwantthatbeer!!!! alcohol content through the roof. plus it’s large and in charge

4. Manuel
    2011/05/12 at 10:13 am #

If Adam Carolla were on the ballot, I’d DEMAND that you Mr. Larry Miller would be his running mate. You’re good people Larry, and I feel like you can be anyone’s pal. Great show, thanx again

5. Cam
    2011/05/12 at 10:56 am #

One of your best casts. Thank you Sir Larry!

6. Hopper
    2011/05/13 at 4:18 pm #

Enjoyed that thoroughly!

“How’s your life? Good?” is a line that Andy Garcia delivers to Gabrielle Anwar in “Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead”. I think you need to be as cool as those guys to pull it off.

Well done.

7. Paul
    2011/05/14 at 11:27 am #

I love when Larry catches himself when he’s talking about something and he realizes that he did something stupid along those linrs and it really brings it home because we’ve all done it too! Thus the line “Hi, I’m Larry Miller, but in a way aren’t we all”

8. CarpaccioFreak
    2011/05/18 at 4:14 pm #

Old Fred Allen episode are available in mp3 here:

So great to here references to greats like Goodman Ace and Fred Allen. Their shows are the real potential for podcasting.

9. Rob
    2011/05/23 at 2:14 pm #

Great podcast Larry. I have a very similar Keith Richards run-in story that would be too long to tell in this comment section. Needless to say he’s one of the least affected superstars.

2011/05/31 at 7:55 pm #

Lemmy’s up there, too. — JF

10. Harry Ceword
    2011/05/27 at 12:35 pm #

Great show! But…I’ll gouge your right eye out with my thumb, I shit you not, you little freak! I’m gonna punch you in the eye till it turns to jelly! I’ll stab you with forks till you bleed, how bout that?

11. Top Sites like Fiverr
    2011/12/24 at 12:18 pm #

I truly enjoy this blog. I will revisit to read more.