Undressing in Public For Fun and Profit

Larry does not laugh at the theme song for the first time! Is the love affair over? Is the thrill gone? Or is the real reason something stupid?

Larry once again analyzes the phenomenon of traffic for no reason. He then makes a rhyme, just to pass the time. He gives an in depth description of the kind of chow found around the studio, which he calls “Carolla food.”

Hear Larry’s impression of comedian Larry Beezer’s impression of legendary Phillies announcer Byrum Saam. Listen to Larry’s tale about casually undressing in public.

Then Larry waxes nostalgic for the late, great John Ritter as well as his legendary Uncle Arnie.

Plus, a five-bar parlay update. Visit the show’s website for pictures and video! And last, but not least, the answer to “Name Larry’s Ringtone” is revealed.

Quote of the week:
“I may look like a loan officer, but I’m a dead head. I always have been.”

See Larry’s Five Soap Bar Parlay in glorious HD!

Episode Links

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineer: Sandy Ganz

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Undressing in Public For Fun and Profit”

1. Jellosaurus
    2010/12/28 at 10:28 pm #

On behalf of the fairer sex of the LMDS. I have been instructed to give one Larry Miller this urgent message. This one’s for you Larry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auYCXBzep9o

2. Evan W
    2010/12/29 at 12:41 pm #

Hmmm, I’m not sure we can trust thats five bars of soap. We need some kind of FBI forensic specialist to come in and test it for its authenticity.

2010/12/30 at 1:45 pm #

Ha-ha. That’s why we’ve just posted the high def video evidence of the Five Bar Parlay’s existence! Enjoy.

• big jim
        2011/01/05 at 3:54 pm #

Sweet Moses, it’s true! A true five-bar parlay! Have you not called in the Guinness World Record folks yet? This is Larry’s chance to cement his place in history.

3. John Goff
    2010/12/29 at 3:56 pm #

Larry, you are like a cold beer on a hot afternoon! Viva el Larry de Pollo.

4. CJ
    2010/12/29 at 4:17 pm #

I was really touched by the John Ritter story.

• Another Guy from Wisconsin
      2011/01/03 at 9:28 am #

Agreed.

• Cosmo
      2011/01/21 at 4:48 am #

Likewise

5. Andre
    2010/12/29 at 7:11 pm #

Great podcast as usual. Just wanted to tell you that. Hope you don’t mind I started a Larry Miller Drinking Society group on facebook.

Andre Tessier

6. Brian R
    2010/12/30 at 11:17 am #

Larry, excellent work. As for the Five-fecta soap parlay, I think part of the art isn’t just getting the bars to stick together, it’s keeping them together during actual shower use. Do you apply the biggest part to your skin and protect the other attached chips by palming them, or do you just go for it, and use any part that hits the skin? I’ve had mixed results with both methods.

How about a soap society card too? “What, you call that a five bar parlay?”

7. Cedric Price
    2010/12/31 at 8:46 am #

Hi there Larry! I just wanted you to know that I admire you- a man who really loves his fellow human beings and the human condition. I got a real kick when you said something to the effect of “I may look like a loan officer, but I’m really a dead-head”… Priceless! I can tell from your show though that it’s true, the pie story and especially because of the way you spoke about John Ritter- I’ll be listening and look forward to some more great stories! Keep it up man!

8. Jen
    2010/12/31 at 1:29 pm #

Great podcast again. It’s one of my favorites and climbing the ranks each week. I admire many things you say, and keep them with me to reflect on. Keep it up!

9. Mackadow
    2011/01/03 at 12:40 am #

Great job as always Larry. Keep it up.

10. Marko
    2011/01/06 at 10:42 am #

I’m just wondering… Rather than attempt to meld multiple soap bars together, isn’t it possible to melt the soap scraps in, say, a double-boiler over medium heat, pour the resultant goo into a soap mold, let stand until solid, then reuse, thus never worrying about potential failure of the melds used in Larry’s method? You could even get a stamp–better yet, a stamp in the shape of the LMDS coat of arms–thereby adding the final, decorative touch on what is truly a Fresh Bar of Soap.

11. St. Steveo
    2011/01/11 at 11:32 am #

Larry you stole the only joke in my arsenal! I love the Dead and years ago I made a whole “circle” of us nearly die laughing by pointing out “how dirty or smelly to you have to be to get the label of Pig Pen by a bunch of fellow hippies”.

Shake it Shake it, Larryy… Just don’t tell ‘em that you know me!

12. Andy90
    2011/01/14 at 12:52 pm #

Still loving the show. Keep it up!

13. Andrew Parks
    2011/03/30 at 3:44 pm #

Your ring-tone was so familiar! And as I was drifting off to sleep it finally hit me: “Our Man Flint”! It brought me right back to Saturday afternoon at the Studio City Theatre (now the “Bookstar” near Laurel Cyn), and I was pleased to know that the little Dickensian book-keepers (or so I imagine them) who live in my head had finally discovered that bit of esoteric knowledge in some dusty tome nestled among my synaptic nerves.
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane, kind sir.

Yours,
    Andrew Parks

14. Jerrell Shira
    2011/09/01 at 7:23 am #

Great work over again.! Go on with posts like this one!.