Larry Miller and Other Lunatics of the World

Politicians are the serious maniacs in our society, so says Larry. He then gives advice on how a gillionaire can easily win an election. He also talks about when his parents asked him what he wanted to do with his life. Amazingly, nobody fainted, dropped dead, took a swing at him or did a spit-take when he said he wanted to be a comedian.

Also in this episode, Larry expresses dumbfoundation that someone got credit for inventing the number zero. Hear how Larry feels simultaneously proud that he has evolved from writing with a quill into a user of modern technology, but still feel suppressed by technology.

He discusses the essentially creepy nature of Washington, DC and tells of his frank, but brief chat with the Jefferson Memorial and the time he met The Great Emancipator.

Hear about the time Larry accidentally shaved the molding off the side of his dad’s station wagon and the time he unwittingly played Santa Claus to the Amtrak workers all up and down the eastern corridor.

Quote of the week: “I know dat guy!”

Tell a friend about the show, and check out Larry’s personal website www.LarryMillerhumor.com

Or follow Larry’s personal Twitter @larryjmiller

Special Episode Video

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineering: Sandy Ganz

Bookmark/FavoritesShare

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Larry Miller and Other Lunatics of the World”

1. Jellosaurus
    2010/11/10 at 3:10 am #

Greetings and salutations to the LMDS worldwide, we just raised one for you and now we will do 2 every time Larry giggles.
    We might get shitfaced today.
    pray for us

2. JayCeezy
    2010/11/10 at 9:36 am #

Larry, great story about hanging out after college, living with your folks and feeling a bit aimless in life. Glad you chose (and your parents supported that choice) to share your humor with the world from stage and page.

Also, about your kid wanting to be a pro baseball player…there are actually fewer professional comedians in the world, than pro baseball players. Good luck to him.

3. Presto George
    2010/11/10 at 10:40 am #

Survey completed . . . Thanks Larry for the excellent podcast (as usual). You did you part, I try and do mine :)

4. Good Gravy
    2010/11/10 at 11:20 am #

The FOD video is great! Thanks.

5. JohnyVile
    2010/11/10 at 2:02 pm #

Hey Larry,
    Awesome show buddy! I’ve got a coat of arms for you. I’ll send it via e-mail; sketch and a photo shop mock up…
    Cheers boys!

6. The Guy in Morocco
    2010/11/10 at 3:51 pm #

Apparently our fathers are related. My dad was also the kind of guy that would hold up a piece of side molding (or piece of broken glass or what have you) and ask if I knew “anything about this”. And we’d look into each others’ eyes knowing full well what had happened. And like your father, mine was always stern, but never mean. As long as I was alive and had learned my lesson he was okay.
    Keep up the great work, mate. Can’t wait for the next podcast and latest news regarding the LMDS.
    Cheers.

7. Gus
    2010/11/11 at 5:22 am #

We live outside of Indianapolis and have friends that took their kids to Sea World when they were young and their daughter decided she wanted to train orca’s when she grew up. They supported her, and now she is doing her internship and the Indianapolis Zoo training dolphins. You wouldn’t think Indy is a hotbed of sea mammal training programs, but she went to college locally, and is on her way to living her dream. It’s amazing what you can accomplish with a positive attitude!

If I”m pouring the drinks, you’ll KNOW it’s a double!
    Gus

8. Corey
    2010/11/11 at 3:54 pm #

Survey completed. Love the show. I don’t know how large your podcast following is, but count me among the devoted. Looking forward to the LMDS card. Thank you for the weekly entertainment.

Woke up this morning, went to work, came home to someone who loves me. Now, time for…if not a well-earned, a much-appreciated jack & coke.

-Corey

• Awesome Joe
      2010/11/12 at 10:48 pm #

amen!

9. melanie
    2010/11/11 at 10:01 pm #

WE NEED MORE LARRY MILLER!! LOVE his podcast. Would love to hear more than one a week.

10. Jared Ladish
    2010/11/12 at 7:20 am #

Another great show Larry. Thanks for the podcast. You’ve given us that were once sitting at home drinking in front of the computer a real sense of community. Before I was a lonely, alcoholic but now, I am a premeir memeber of a “Society”, I understand some latin and pig latin, my opinion solicited for surveys!

I think another club motto should be “If you see bag of checks. Send them.”.

Good day to you Mr. Miller and all the members of the society!

11. Awesome Joe
    2010/11/12 at 10:46 pm #

Greetings Larry! Love the show you do an amazing job! I need to join this drinkin society, cheers to your tales of HONEST DRINKING!

12. Sailorwayne
    2010/11/13 at 3:11 pm #

Hey Larry,
    up here in Toronto and enjoy listening to your show. Love the stories and looking forward to joining the drinking society. I think that will be the first club I’ve joined as an adult.

13. Great show Larry
    2010/11/15 at 8:05 am #

Good stories. Keep up the good work.

14. Neil
    2010/11/16 at 2:03 am #

Larry you are cool as shit

15. Steve Schneider
    2010/11/20 at 10:31 am #

For your request of a latin moto, my Father went to a Texas A&M and his company(military school) was Boozer B, there moto was ‘Per Bourban Vis’ ie ‘Through Bourban, Strength’. Good moto for you.

Schmuck 1990 Aggie

16. anthony
    2010/11/24 at 11:08 am #

Ahh, the great Larry Miller.

17. Priscilla
    2011/01/06 at 8:35 am #

Larry, as a fan of the ACE broadcasting network I decided to try your podcast. You are so smart and funny it’s a pleasure to listen to you. Keep up the good work and I hope you can get a sponsor soon and cash in on your efforts. Best of luck in 2011.