Walk Slow

Walk Slow

On this week’s episode, Larry explains the “walk slow” philosophy. Other topics include why we as a society can’t relax, mall music, the finer points of street sweeping, drinking on the job and cleaning public bathrooms. These issues can’t possibly go together you say? Tune in and your doubts will be allayed. And you’ll laugh, too.

Play

Larry’s Live Show

Catch Larry’s live show “Cocktails with Larry Miller” at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center.

3330 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA 90503
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 8 pm

For tickets and info:

Preview of the Show

30 Responses to “Walk Slow”

1. JohnnyLo
    2010/09/10 at 3:05 pm #

Love me some Larry Miller…always entertaining.

2. big jim
    2010/09/10 at 3:49 pm #

Mr. Miller, you might appreciate the following story: a few years back, while I was still in college, I repaired to a local Irish bar after a biology exam. It was about 3pm and I was the only customer in the joint. I sat at the bar and ordered some food & beer. The bartender dug my style and she was a solid 6: enough to engage my charm, yet too low for me to give a good goddamn what she thought of me.
    By the end of my meal I had gotten the jukebox turned off and the television above the bar was blaring an old episode of my favorite show, Hawaii Five-oh.
    “Book ‘em, Danno.”
    “But Steve, they haven’t even-”
    “I said book ‘em!”
    The cook came out for the second episode (they ran a two-hour block back then) and the three of us watched it and laughed and did our impressions of the characters. Then I left to go take a swim.
    Later that week I returned and ended up bedding the bartender (a solid 6 in looks, true, but a positive 8 between the sheets) and then I never returned.
    In matters of casual love, I have found, it is best to adopt the style of Batman.

• attack_crows
      2010/09/15 at 6:21 am #

Big Jim, for mulitple reasons…you’re a douche. Excuse me, as douches go, you’re a solid 9.

3. Matt in Portland
    2010/09/10 at 4:06 pm #

Larry, that was so much fun. Please keep it up, I won’t miss an episode.

4. English Dan
    2010/09/10 at 5:57 pm #

Larry is both insightful and funny. I love that this is so different in terms of pace and tone to the other podcasts on the network. Pure greatness!

5. john
    2010/09/10 at 7:14 pm #

“Festina Lente.” Every once in while, I turn off the car radio. The silence lets my mind wander. As a result, I get where I’m going faster, even though I’m driving at the same speed. Daydreaming and highway driving really go well together. (I drive a truck.)

I “tuned-in” with the intent to “goof-on”, but Larry’s unpretentious comedy is a nice change of pace. I enjoyed the stand-up clip, especially Larry’s theory of economics. One criticism: the street sweeper jag was about 3 minutes too long.

6. Ron Schmidt
    2010/09/11 at 3:05 am #

Enjoyed this first podcast and look forward to any guests you book.
    Do you think any of your live shows could be sold on here or I-Tunes?

I wonder how you would handle a gig like Art Linkletter,s where you interview kids. I would like to see that format again and maybe just a
    segment of a established show. How about on a Disney channel show.
    It will bring you new audience (not just the kids but the parents).

7. Ian
    2010/09/11 at 5:56 am #

Wow when did all this start happening? Love Larry Miller!

8. captain ham
    2010/09/12 at 10:48 am #

love me some larry miller.

9. SenorMysterioso
    2010/09/12 at 3:50 pm #

Enjoying the show Larry, keep up the good work

10. MC White
    2010/09/13 at 5:11 am #

Larry Miller is one of my favorite guests on Adam Carolla’s show, and I love his cameo/scene stealing scenes in all his movies. Good show!

11. Lord Gek
    2010/09/13 at 7:29 am #

Will Larry eventually have some company in the booth? I’m not even asking for Adam to make a cameo or any sort of contrived celebrity interviews, but I think Larry is best when in conversation with SOMEBODY. As it stands, his insights are spot on and he’s damn entertaining but it just feels off without somebody there to bounce stuff off of. Even if he just talks more with Donny (or whomever is running the boards) it won’t feel so odd (like somebody had trapped Larry in a box with a recorder for an hour).

12. The archduke
    2010/09/13 at 9:06 am #

Great show Mr. Miller, big fan

13. JessMan
    2010/09/13 at 11:41 am #

this is my new favorite podcast. hilarity ensues

14. Marie Buckley
    2010/09/13 at 11:49 am #

LOVE Larry Miller – please have more podcasts!

15. Rob from Europe
    2010/09/14 at 3:03 am #

Cool, the funniest guy on Adam Carolla Show has its own podcast now.
    I don’t know if this format of you Larry working alone works. Could you invite some guests? Maybe invite Ace, and turn tables on him with some variation of imaginary road trip.

Keep up the good work,
    Robert

• harry seaward
      2011/07/10 at 7:43 am #

“I don’t know if this format of you Larry working alone works.”

If you don’t know, then don’t put in your two cents worth, thanks. Although he holds the floor, he is hardly alone in this, “by the way.”
      My thinking is: thirty or forty minutes a week is hardly enough for the “funniest guy on Adam Carolla Show” (although I’m very thankful for what we get!).

Keep it up, guys, and please: NO GUESTS! And NO “IMAGINARY” ANYTHING!

16. mike
    2010/09/14 at 7:07 am #

Great job Larry. Thanks.

17. George
    2010/09/14 at 9:35 am #

Larry is so much better when NOT doing the hypothetical question game on Ace’s podcast. It’s so much better with him just riffing. The only way it would be better is if it was Larry and Ace riffing, but with Larry the lead.

18. eP
    2010/09/14 at 10:16 am #

Was almost brought to tears I laughed so hard in both episodes, let’s make this a daily!

19. zen
    2010/09/14 at 1:02 pm #

Nice job Larry. I pull back on the steering wheel of my car all the time hoping it would go vertical. If it wasn’t for traffic, I wouldn’t be listening to AC podcast(s). But, I would be spending more time with the wife and kids, so what’re ya gonna do, right?

20. Eeep
    2010/09/14 at 1:34 pm #

Love your show Larry. Love the “glad to be here” style musings.

21. LoColombia
    2010/09/14 at 2:19 pm #

Larry loved the show. But what’s wrong with you man?
    Pepsi is da shit! Or in your terms
    Pepsi is swell!

22. attack_crows
    2010/09/15 at 6:28 am #

i will listen to every minute of every episode! Larry’s awesome!

23. walkerp
    2010/09/15 at 9:33 am #

What the hell!? How did I only learn that Larry Miller now has his own podcast on the ACE Network 3 episodes in!!?? This is freaking awesome news. Now I need to find some excuse to take a long walk from my job to catch up.

24. warren
    2010/09/15 at 1:08 pm #

I like this Larry Miller show.

25. SARbeaver
    2010/09/18 at 5:22 am #

The street sweeper bit was hilarious, all the more so for being so true. Great show, Larry Miller, keep it up.

26. Handsome Man Discount
    2010/09/21 at 10:05 am #

The show is perfect! I hope you dont ad anyone else to it. I think you do best when youre allowed to flow from story to story with out someone interupting

27. Dave b
    2010/09/21 at 6:10 pm #

Larry is great, keep the podcast rolling.

28. keotok
    2010/10/07 at 7:53 am #

The irony is that I am basically killing time listening to the podcast because I cant relax enough to be one with my own thoughts, in which Larry is spurning me for doing so. Furthermore it doesnt change my behavior an iota, because I dont give a shit. Then I will listen to the next one. Im either enlightened or completely stupid. Damn now have doubt – thanks Larry