Dart Fights, Sousa Marches and Guns

Airline food is first class! But flying first class is a waste when you’re flying on your own dime. Larry also declares that dart fights and shooting guns are fun. And learn why Bill Gates will never stop washing his hands if he listens to this episode

27 Responses to “Dart Fights, Sousa Marches and Guns”

1. john
    2010/09/21 at 6:43 pm #

Worth the wait.

2. Ian M
    2010/09/21 at 7:10 pm #

Love the podcast, Larry. Thank you for doing it!

3. Andrew
    2010/09/21 at 8:04 pm #

Absolutely loving the show Larry. Even though you kind of talk down the show’s “evergreen” status, I’m finding I enjoy your stories much more than the constant news flashes about celebrities and trends I really have no interest in. Thanks for doing the podcast, I hope you’re having as much fun as I’m having listening to it.

On a tech note: Can someone upload the show’s logo to the RSS feed?

2010/09/21 at 10:29 pm #

Thanks for the comments, and will fix the RSS logo.

Sandy

4. Gavin
    2010/09/21 at 10:18 pm #

I’m telling you, an anal retentive 12 year old boy can make the most astonishing evacuations. hahahaha.

5. LoColombia
    2010/09/22 at 9:25 am #

“Hey Larry, I think you got me!”

ROFLMAO!!!!

Great story Larry, you’re like the white grandfather I’ve never had

6. Desert Dude
    2010/09/22 at 9:35 am #

Shooting is fun, so are dart fights. Love the show Larry, I’ll meet you in the mountains ;)

7. Jared
    2010/09/22 at 11:51 am #

Agree with Andrew’s comment above. Funny guy tells a funny story, without all the bells and whistles and constant gear changing. Keep up the terrific work.

8. Ian M
    2010/09/22 at 5:14 pm #

Also, that’s not the Monty Python theme that is played after the Dukakis speech, it’s a different Sousa march — “Stars and Stripes Forever”. Some things are just too good to be true.

So sorry Larry, (*two tuba honks*), better luck next time on Sousa trivia.

Link to speech and song:

• Mike
      2010/09/24 at 7:37 pm #

Yep, it starts playing at 7:24. It’s Stars and Stripes Forever. It does sound very much like the Monty Python Flying Circus theme though.

9. Chris Middlebrook
    2010/09/22 at 6:08 pm #

You killed me with the part about you and your new bride “accomplishing your mission” at the fancy hotel.

Great stories Larry! Worthy for all including the ships at sea.

10. Evan
    2010/09/23 at 6:11 am #

Larry is a great addition to the ACE Network! I was actually laughing out loud.

It’s safe to say “I agree whole heartedly” with your hilarious stories.

11. John from Ojai
    2010/09/23 at 8:21 am #

Larry, loved the Dukakis/Monty Python theme recollection. Great part of the reason I like your comedy, and podcasts, is your ability to remember interesting things from history and your life, and make them into worthwhile stories. Cheers!

12. Aristotle
    2010/09/23 at 9:19 am #

Larry – Great show

I can’t believe you had a DART FIGHT with your friends. I thought we were the only ones that were stupid enough to have a dart fight as kids.

The story goes like this; me, my older brother and a couple neighbor kids thought it would be a good idea to have a dart fight inside. It was all fun and games until one of our friends got hit in the groin with a metal tip dart. You can assume the game ended fairly quickly.

This is the same group of guys that had BB gun wars. One of the guys still has a BB in his neck.

How did we ever survive? Kids these days have no idea what they are missing playing Halo all day, when they could be out side shooting their friends with BB guns.

13. Cameron
    2010/09/23 at 10:09 am #

Hey Larry great stuff, I love the podcast!!! I listening to all of them yesterday. Keep it up and thanks for providing me with 30 mins of gold everyweek!

14. Mark
    2010/09/24 at 9:53 am #

Larry is utterly awesome! His stories and candor is refreshing. He is a great addition to the Ace Network. Keep up the great job guys!

15. Dola
    2010/09/24 at 1:15 pm #

I had a new family move in next door. Imagine my relief when the 2 brothers started throwing HUGE knives into the grass in the back yard.
    In barefeet! While their sister did cart wheels in front of them!
    No parents came out! “you almost hit my foot”
    Then they wanted to get a bb-gun out and shoot the birds…nice. Don’t worry, I am sure they will get the x-box set up soon enough.

16. SenorMysterioso
    2010/09/26 at 1:16 pm #

I turn on the show and before I know it I’ve reached the end. Another job well done.

17. HB John
    2010/09/27 at 10:28 am #

Great Job Larry. I love the Sousa marches also. The Liberty Bell March would make a great opener for your show.

18. Erina
    2010/09/28 at 11:39 am #

Love the show! Thanks, Larry.

19. Matt in NH
    2010/10/02 at 11:57 am #

Larry’s thoughts are intriguing. I love the positive undertone of everything he says.

20. Dan
    2010/10/03 at 10:27 am #

I Love this guy !!!! My 2 boys now love Larry Miller from listening to him on Carolla and here. LARRY YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!

21. Andy90
    2010/10/05 at 12:17 pm #

Another cool show. Apparently the game is over and I won. But who did I beat?

22. Leslie
    2010/10/06 at 9:19 pm #

Mr. Miller,

Please ignore the suggestions to find a co-host and/or regular guests. You are the rare performer who can broadcast without distraction, and it sets your show apart.

You never get anything wrong; don’t let the amateurs interfere.

Leslie
    Brooklyn, USA

23. Michael
    2010/10/11 at 10:35 pm #

Oh man…I was driving for 6 hours today and this podcast was on the list. This episode was so hilarious that I nearly became a road hazard a couple times.

I can’t help but burst out laughing at the mention of a “dart fight.” There’s something so ludicrous about it.

Thanks for the great podcast Larry!

24. Great Show
    2010/10/18 at 9:50 am #

I love marches, and I love your opening. However, I do think, upon closer listening, that it was performed by a synthesizer. I may be wrong, but was just curious.

Keep up the highly entertaining, quaintly anachronistic dialog. I love hearing words from a different time that I try to use as often as possible. It’s natural, not queer.

Fred

25. Robt Salberg
    2011/12/21 at 1:56 am #

Normally I don’t learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great post.